In a strategic move that underscores its commitment to luxury travel, Hyatt Hotels Corporation has unveiled plans to add over 35 new luxury hotels and resorts worldwide by 2025. This move is not just an expansion but a redefinition of luxury travel, catering to the evolving needs of today’s discerning travellers.
Revolutionizing Luxury Travel
Hyatt’s development pipeline spans its distinguished collections: Park Hyatt, Grand Hyatt, Miraval, Alila, Andaz, Thompson Hotels, The Unbound Collection, Zoëtry Wellness & Spa Resorts, and Dreams Resorts & Spas. This expansion reflects a careful and intentional strategy, focusing on delivering personalized, enriching experiences in some of the world’s most desirable destinations.
A New Era of Travel Experiences
Mark Vondrasek, Chief Commercial Officer at Hyatt, emphasizes the company’s leadership in luxury hospitality. “Our growth strategy is insight-led, focusing on the evolving travel needs of our guests,” he states. This approach aligns with a recent Ipsos report highlighting travellers’ demand for well-being offerings and unique experiences.
Well-being at the Forefront
Hyatt’s luxury portfolio stands out with its commitment to holistic well-being. Innovations like comprehensive sleep therapy programs and adventurous experiences underpin this commitment. The focus on privatized villa stays and specialized spa offerings responds to the preferences of modern travellers, mainly Gen Z and Millennials.
Strategic, Thoughtful Growth
Hyatt’s expansion is marked by an asset-light approach, significantly increasing its luxury, resort, and lifestyle room offerings in just five years. This growth strategy is aligned with the World Travel & Tourism Council’s prediction of a 12% increase in travel and tourism’s contribution to global GDP by 2033.
The planned openings are strategically located in emerging and established markets. Noteworthy additions include Park Hyatt’s debut in the UK, Mexico, and Malaysia, Thompson Hotels’ expansion in Europe, Andaz’s growth in the Americas, and new properties in trending destinations like Portugal.
Meeting the Needs of Today’s Travelers
Hyatt understands the importance of catering to the purpose of each guest’s stay. This understanding translates into one-of-a-kind experiences and excursions tailored to individual preferences and interests.
Evolving World of Hyatt Benefits
Hyatt’s commitment extends to its World of Hyatt members, with reimagined program benefits offering more choices and rewards. The expansion also brings new opportunities for travel advisors, emphasizing Hyatt’s focus on nurturing these crucial relationships.
Acquisitions and Integrations
Hyatt’s growth includes thoughtful acquisitions, such as the recent addition of Mr & Mrs Smith, broadening its portfolio and offering direct booking access to a broader array of boutique and luxury hotels.
Hyatt’s vision, articulated by Heidi Kunkel, Senior Vice President Commercial Services, EAME, is clear: “We aim to grow through focusing on key leisure destinations and personalizing experiences for each guest and member, through care.” This vision sets the stage for Hyatt’s continued success and leadership in luxury hospitality.
Pipeline Peek: Upcoming Hyatt Luxury Openings
- Timeless Collection: Park Hyatt Marrakech, Park Hyatt London River Thames, Park Hyatt Los Cabos at Cabo del Sol, among others.
- Boundless Collection: Miraval, The Red Sea, Alila Shanghai, Andaz Doha, etc.
- Independent Collection: Hotel Toranomon Hills, Grand Hansa Hotel, Noor-Us-Sabah Palace.
- Inclusive Collection: Zoëtry Halkidiki, Dreams Estrella Del Mar Mazatlan.
For more information on Hyatt’s brand portfolio and upcoming properties, visit www.hyatt.com.
Written by: Bridget Gomez
- A Balinese Resort Launches Extended Stays Away From The Crowds
- Tourism Australia Releases a Series of Zoom Backdrops So You Can Pretend You Are Sunning Yourself Down Under on Your Next Conference Call
- Oakwood Continues Meteoric Growth in 2022 with Landmark Opening in Japan and Expansion Plans in Bangladesh and China
- 9 hacks to earn 20,000 frequent flyer points before Christmas – without a credit card
- Tennessee Tourism Presents Civil Rights Trail Podcast
- Start the Year of the Tiger with Roaring Treats at Grand Copthorne Waterfront
- Expo 2020 drove Dubai hotel occupancy above 90% for the first time since 2007
- Private MSC Cruises Facebook page for agents
- Air China Limited Announces 2018 Interim Results, Persists in Leading Profit Level
- Bangkok Airways Launches the “Flash Sale 3.3” Promotion Offering amazing fares, starting from just 890 Baht per trip*