Deal activity in the global travel and tourism sector mostly remained flat during May 2022 compared to the previous month, says GlobalData.
According to the leading data and analytics company Financial Deals Database, a total of 73 deals were announced in the global travel and tourism sector during May, which is a growth of 1.4 over 72 deals announced in April 2022. Aurojyoti Bose, the Lead Analyst at GlobalData, comments Although this is a marginal growth, it has reversed the decline that the sector has been witnessing for the past few months.
This growth is mainly driven by the improvement experienced in the Asia-Pacific region, as deal activity declined in May in other key regions such as North America and Europe compared to the previous month. The number of deals announced in the travel tourism sector in the Asia-Pacific region increased from 10 in April 2022 to 17 in May 2022, while Europe and North America witnessed a decline in deal activity by 10 and 10.7, respectively.
Bose continues Within Asia-Pacific, India, Australia and China registered a month-on-month improvement in deal activity in May.
Written by: Jill Walsh
- Scenic Sailing in Sardinia
- Save on an adventure to Kinchega National Park
- Immerse Yourself in One Million Blooms at Floriade – Australia’s Biggest Celebration of Spring
- D-EDGE appoints Emilie Couton as new APAC Managing Director
- Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur Welcomes New General Manager Blaise Montandon
- TAA (Vic) bolsters advisory committee in lead up to intended merger
- TravelManagers’ ‘Peace of Mind’ Attracts High Calibre New Recruits
- IAPCO launches its new Job Board, bringing together recruiters and job-seeking meeting professionals from the global meetings industry.
- K-Beauty Brand LAPCOS Just Dropped Three New Products
- Continued Investment In Tech Infrastructure Reaffirms Commitment To Innovation