For those looking for a warm getaway, Outrigger Hotels and Resorts is helping its guests to enjoy a Sustainable Summer by offering a wide variety of on-property activations, sponsorships and/or collaborations with local events, as well as retail and restaurant specials – all in some way linked to preserving and protecting our precious environment.
Outrigger’s Sustainable Summer commenced on June 8 for World Ocean Day and runs through to August 31. This platform is an extension of Outrigger’s ZONE (OZONE), the hospitality brand’s global conservation initiative that provides enriching experiences for Outrigger guests, hosts and local communities with an emphasis on healthy oceans and coral reefs.
Throughout Sustainable Summer, fun and engaging family activities, beach clean-ups and educational offerings allow guests to share what they learned back home with them, enabling the efforts to extend far beyond the shores of Outrigger properties.
For information and updates on upcoming events and how to participate, please visit: Outrigger.com/SustainableSummer
A sample of June activations include:
- Coral Planting at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort (June 10 from 3:30pm)
- Round the Island Beach Cleanup at Castaway Island – join the environment team for a walk around the island to pick-up washed-up trash along the beach (June 16 at 2:30pm)
- Mangrove planting project at Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort – a collaboration with the Korotogo youth group (June 17 from 3pm)
- Fish-house making at Castaway Island – learn to give back to the oceans by making future homes for the common reef fishes (June 23 at 11:15am)
- Coastal tree planting at Castaway Island – join the environment team for a session of coastal tree planting and ocean themed games and activities (June 30 at 2:30pm)
- Terrace of Modern Art (TOMA) at Waikiki Beachcomber by Outrigger – a festive art exhibit with renowned surf photographer Zak Noyle benefiting Surfrider Foundation (June 18 from 6 pm to 10 pm)
- Sustainable Coastlines The 2nd Annual Kaimuki Festival Cleanup (June 18 from 9 am to 2 pm)
- 6th Annual OZONE Day at Waikiki Aquarium: fun for the whole family with a dozen ocean-minded booths from NOAA, Bishop Museum and Raw Elements Sunscreen to Friends of Hōkūle‘a and Hawai‘iloa (June 25 from 9 am – 1 pm)
Outrigger’s other Asia-Pacific resorts, Thailand, Mauritius and Maldives, are hosting a myriad of sustainably-themed events and activities throughout World Ocean Month engaging hosts, guests and the community. From coral planting to fish-house making to beach and underwater cleanups and coastal and mangrove tree planting, there are so many exciting experiences to explore.
For those who prefer to stay closer to “home,” there are ocean movies, in-room videos, Kids Club activities and presentations on manta rays, whale sharks, turtles and coral reef conservation.
“As owners and operators of premier beach resorts in Hawai‘i, Fiji, Thailand, Mauritius and the Maldives, Outrigger has a front-row seat to the link between healthy oceans and healthy communities,” said Monica Salter, VP of global communications and social responsibility. “The goal for Sustainable Summer is to inspire both guests and hosts to take individual action towards a sustainable lifestyle, which collectively makes a positive impact on the future of our planet and lives far beyond this summer season.”
Beyond community partnerships and guest engagement – Outrigger has invested resources into its ESG (environment, social, governance) initiatives, including benchmarking metrics for reduction of energy, water and waste at its properties worldwide. This Earth Day, Outrigger announced its pledge towards being the first hospitality brand in Hawai‘i and internationally to be Green Seal certified, protecting human health and the environment through conservation efforts and indoor air quality.
For more details and information, visit www.Outrigger.com/SustainableSummer.
- Ascott Opens Japan’s First Lyf Coliving Property In The Vibrant Fukuoka City
- Vegan on Vacation
- Read What’s Happening Inside Australian Travel Industry!
- oneworld is millennials’ favourite airline alliance again
- Henrietta: Australia’s Hottest Chick Now Open in Melbourne!
- Luxury Trio: A by Adina, Quincy, Darling Harbour
- Australia’s marine environment needs more funding after decade of neglect
- Unveil Nature’s Gems at Reflections Holiday Parks’ Wildlife Wonders!
- Sojern Data Shows Desktop Travel Search Remains Dominate
- Coralie Bell takes top job at Australian Regional Tourism