Qantas Frequent Flyers looking for a winter getaway will be able to use Qantas Points to book any seat on any flight for travel in August across more than 30 domestic routes.
In a first for the national carrier, more than 1,700 Points Planes – where every seat can be booked using points – will operate from capital cities to mostly regional destinations during the month of August giving frequent flyers access to almost 130,000 Classic Flight Reward seats.
The Points Planes will be available between Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, Adelaide, Canberra and Brisbane in more than 20 regional destinations including Uluru, Coffs Harbour, Broken Hill, Merimbula, Mildura, Newcastle, Orange, Tamworth, Mount Gambier, Burnie, Sunshine Coast and Townsville. Seats on these flights can also be purchased with cash.
In addition, frequent flyers will need 30 per cent fewer points to book economy Classic Flight Reward seats on these routes, for travel from 1 June to 30 November 2022. This includes the month of Points Planes in August. Frequent Flyers can book these seats using points from 12:01 am on Monday 9 May until 15 May 2022.
Qantas Loyalty CEO Olivia Wirth said flights remain frequent flyers’ favourite way to use their points.
“We’ve seen a huge increase in demand for regional travel since the start of the pandemic and these Points Planes will help tens of thousands of frequent flyers discover regional Australia this winter,” Ms Wirth said.
“These Points Planes will help boost tourism right across the country during August and make it easier for residents in these regional towns to get away for a city escape.
“Qantas’ regional network plays an important role in supporting local economies and this investment in domestic Points Planes will continue to drive visitation and support travel demand.”
Those also wanting to book accommodation, can now use 30 to 45 per cent less points for all Qantas Hotels and Qantas Holidays bookings.
Points Planes routes
|Route (one way)||Discounted 30% Qantas Points (economy)||Taxes, Fees and Carrier Charges|
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience