Marina Bay Sands earned the Events Industry Council (EIC) Sustainable Event Standards for Venues Platinum certification, the highest rating possible, two years after it became the first venue to be awarded Gold in 2020. It affirms the integrated resort’s commitment to sustainable events and operations.
The standards, developed by more than 100 industry leading practitioners, assesses applicants based on industry-wide requirements, such as sustainable procurement policy and waste and water management, as well as sector-specific criteria, including employee training and communication, energy management, and the attainment of EIC’s Sustainable Event Professional Certificate.
Marina Bay Sands continues to be the highest rated venue outside the United States. The following sustainable efforts contributed to the decision to certify the venue’s Platinum rating:
- Improving a comprehensive waste management plan that resulted in the property achieving its highest-ever recycling rate of around 27 per cent in 2021, due to an increase in treated food waste and e-waste.
- The investments in energy saving initiatives, such as renewable energy from solar arrays across Singapore and LED lighting, helped reduce energy consumption by 14.6 per cent in 2021 compared to a 2019 baseline.
- Converting 98.5 per cent of its fleet of vehicles at the Convention Centre, such as Mobile Elevating Work Platform equipment, to electric.
By end-2022, Marina Bay Sands will be obtaining the internationally recognised hotel Global Sustainability Tourism Council certification, in line with the Singapore Hotel Sustainability Roadmap, to further cement its position as the most sustainable destination in Asia Pacific.
For more information, please refer to the attached press release. Image attached can be credited to Marina Bay Sands.
- Scenic Sailing in Sardinia
- Save on an adventure to Kinchega National Park
- Immerse Yourself in One Million Blooms at Floriade – Australia’s Biggest Celebration of Spring
- D-EDGE appoints Emilie Couton as new APAC Managing Director
- Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur Welcomes New General Manager Blaise Montandon
- TAA (Vic) bolsters advisory committee in lead up to intended merger
- TravelManagers’ ‘Peace of Mind’ Attracts High Calibre New Recruits
- IAPCO launches its new Job Board, bringing together recruiters and job-seeking meeting professionals from the global meetings industry.
- K-Beauty Brand LAPCOS Just Dropped Three New Products
- Continued Investment In Tech Infrastructure Reaffirms Commitment To Innovation