Cultural expedition cruise pioneer reveals name while reporting strong progress on construction of the third next-generation ship Nicosia, Cyprus: Today, Thursday the 6th of April 2022, Swan Hellenic announced that construction of its third and largest next-generation ship was proceeding smoothly at Helsinki Shipyard, with more than half the structure already assembled and all but two blocks now delivered. Crowning the announcement was news revealing her name – SH Diana – in the classic Swan Hellenic tradition.
The elegant new ship is a next-generation polar expedition vessel, designed for worldwide cruising with a strong focus on high-latitude areas. SH Diana will feature a 4.6-megawatt diesel-electric hybrid-ready propulsion system with selective catalytic reduction and a PC 6 ice-strengthened hull that is fully Safe Return to Port certified. Although the largest ship in the Swan Hellenic fleet, the 125 m long, 12,100 GRT expedition vessel has been specially designed for worldwide cruising to explore the most inspiring and inaccessible places on earth.
Providing panoramic 5-star accommodation for 192 guests in 96 spacious staterooms and suites, the vast majority with large balconies, SH Diana will be operated by an onboard team of 141 to provide exceptional personal service. Cutting edge hygiene technology will protect the health of all on board to the highest standards and includes air conditioning with UV sanitisation systems.
Designed for immersive experiences and extensive open views, the onboard amenities include a swimming pool, spa, panoramic sauna, gym, library, expedition laboratory and observation lounge for lectures by seasoned expedition leaders and leading experts from a wide range of disciplines. World-class gourmet cuisine, local specialities and healthy dining will be offered in the panoramic restaurant, club lounge and pool bar, as well as through full room service.
In addition, SH Diana builds on the outstanding facilities of her sister ships, offering a dedicated Multifunctional Room next to the Observation Lounge, a Private Dining Room for special occasions, more suites and 2 tenders, which bring guests a comfortable alternative to Zodiacs for expedition landings. Expedition day trips are a central feature of the programmes that will be offered, along with kayaking, trekking and other activities.
Aptly named after the Ancient Roman goddess of light, the moon, hunting and the wilderness, SH Diana will take Swan Hellenic back to its roots when she launches in early 2023, exploring the Mediterranean and its famous sites of antiquity.
Edited by: Matthew Thomas
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience