Hertz welcomes the Thrifty and Dollar Car Rental brands to its management in Australia, New Zealand and Fiji on December 1, with the expiry of the master franchise agreement with NRMA to operate the two brands. Hertz and NRMA reached an agreement earlier this year to transition the Dollar and Thrifty car rental brands back to direct management by Hertz.
The transition involves the brand names only and does not include any of the NRMA’s premises, fleet assets or client contracts.
The Thrifty and Dollar brands will operate from existing Hertz locations in all three countries.
Eoin MacNeill, Vice President, Hertz Asia Pacific, said direct management of the Dollar and Thrifty brands by Hertz will lead to additional customer benefits in the three markets.
“The change is pro-competitive as Hertz will have more brands to compete vigorously with other car rental operators which is good for consumers,” MacNeill said.
“We truly appreciate the loyalty of Thrifty and Dollar customers and business partners and firmly believe all parties will benefit from this arrangement.
“We look forward to continuing to provide customers with the quality vehicle rentals and service they have come to expect from Thrifty and Dollar.
“Both Thrifty and Dollar will maintain their unique value propositions for their customers with loyalty programs and other benefits continuing.
“Hertz will look to deliver economies of scale and more customer benefits as the car rental industry recovers and grows in the post-pandemic business environment.
“We are confident our expertise and industry knowledge will greatly benefit the future management of the Thrifty and Dollar brands within the same stable as other Hertz brands.”
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience