The Guam Visitors Bureau (GVB) recognized three employees from Ross Dress for Less this afternoon for their help in the recovery of a $12,000 Cartier bracelet that a Taiwanese visitor had lost while she and her friend were shopping at the Guam Premier Outlets store.Fitting Room Associate Norma Gomez, Manager Katherine Aflague, and Manager Satricia Gange were able to quickly recover the lost item for customer May Tu last week. The 24-year-old Taipei resident and her friend Cindy Lee flew to Guam through GVB’s Air V&V program on July 22nd. Tu took off her bracelet when she went to try on clothes in the Ross GPO store on the night of Wednesday, August 4th. She realized she forgot her prized possession after the store had closed and returned the next morning with the hope it would be still there. Fortunately, through the teamwork of the three Ross employees, the bracelet was found and returned.
This afternoon, Tu and Lee were brought to the Ross GPO store by their friend David Su to thank Gomez, Aflague, and Gange for their assistance, with store manager DelMark Matthews and GPO management present. Tu gave a thank you card to the employees and noted how safe she felt in Guam.
GVB President & CEO Carl T.C. Gutierrez then awarded certificates of appreciation and gift bags to Gomez, Aflague, and Gange for displaying outstanding customer service, demonstrating integrity, and extending the Håfa Adai spirit to the island’s visitors.
President Gutierrez remarked, “We commend Norma, Kat, and Satricia for going above and beyond to take care of May. We market Guam as a safe destination and this is a perfect example of how our Håfa Adai spirit is alive and well in our community. This act of goodness demonstrates the hospitality that Guam is known for.”
Tu and Lee return to Taiwan tomorrow.
- Scenic Sailing in Sardinia
- Save on an adventure to Kinchega National Park
- Immerse Yourself in One Million Blooms at Floriade – Australia’s Biggest Celebration of Spring
- D-EDGE appoints Emilie Couton as new APAC Managing Director
- Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur Welcomes New General Manager Blaise Montandon
- TAA (Vic) bolsters advisory committee in lead up to intended merger
- TravelManagers’ ‘Peace of Mind’ Attracts High Calibre New Recruits
- IAPCO launches its new Job Board, bringing together recruiters and job-seeking meeting professionals from the global meetings industry.
- K-Beauty Brand LAPCOS Just Dropped Three New Products
- Continued Investment In Tech Infrastructure Reaffirms Commitment To Innovation