Address: Hamilton Island, Whitsunday Islands, Great Barrier Reef, Qld. Access by regular air service.
Phone: (07) 4946 7999 or 1300 007 333.
Price: According to official website, from about $740 per double per night.
Outlook: Gorgeous Catseye Beach.
Front desk and service: Almost NA. A most efficient check in (and out) is available from a lounge in an dedicated, beautifully appointed area.
Wifi: Free and unlimited in guest rooms.
Dining & drinking: Spoilt for choice. Guests staying at the Beach Club have exclusive access to poolside a la carte dining at the Beach Club Restaurant. Order breakfast or lunch beside the infinity-edge pool lined with palm trees. In the evening, the restaurant transforms for cool cocktails and romantic candlelit dining under the stars. Beach Club guests have access to all of the restaurants on Hamilton Island ranging from take away fish and chips to fine dining at the Bommie Restaurant.Room Service is also available for Beach Club guests.
Gym and pool access: Yes. Infinity pool at doorstep.
Clothes washing: Laundry & dry-cleaning done for you at extra charge.
Cooking facilities: No.
Power points: More than adequate.
Entertainment: Plenty of activities, especially aquatic.
Individually controlled air conditioning: Yes.
Iron and ironing board: Yes.
Cable channels: Yes.
Tea- and coffee-making facilities: Yes.
Comfort level: Very high.
Sleeping arrangements in standard room: King-sized bed can be converted into two singles..
In-apartment safe: Yes.
Hot water: Great pressure, and plentiful.
Storage space: Excellent.
Desk & lighting: Excellent.
X-factor: Total luxury in well appointed beachfront room. Adults only in true resort-style digs. On-island transport by seemingly ubiqitous golf buggies.
Note: Unless otherwise stated or assumed, comments apply to the writer’s room.
Written by John Rozentals
- Online Slot Machine Strategies – How to Beat them
- The best smartphone games to play while on vacation
- Work and play: how to safely work on your vacation
- World of Hyatt Bonus Journeys is Back with Two Ways to Earn
- Jetstar and Indigo partnership goes live
- American Airlines Announces Agreement to Purchase Boom Supersonic Overture Aircraft, Places Deposit on 20 Overtures
- New series reveals Sydney has all the ingredients for the ultimate holiday
- Centara appoints experienced Centara hotel manager for the group’s first address in Bangkok’s historic district
- ‘Cowra’s Canola Tours and Blooming Attractions’
- Da Vittorio Launch at Reverie Saigon Redefines Italian Fine Dining in Vietnam