Celebrate International Surfing Day on June 15 by fully immersing yourself in New Smyrna Beach’s vibrant surf culture.Consistently named one of the top surf towns in America, NSB is the perfect place to ride the waves. With rock ledges four to five miles offshore, the breaks are plentiful and ideal for those craving an adrenaline rush. Here, adventure-seekers will find some of the finest wave action on the Eastern Seaboard.
New to the sport? Not to worry. Beginners and experts are all welcome in this laidback surf town. Get on board with our friendly locals for the experience of a lifetime. Book a lesson with the oldest surf shop in NSB, Nichols Surf Shop. Instructor Chuck Carter will meet you at the beach with a board and wetsuit, so you’re ready to ride the waves right away. Or, sign up your grom (that’s surfing slang for kid surfer) for a summer vacation camp they’ll never forget. Jimmy Lane Surfing Academy has offered surf camps since 1985—just look for the blue school bus, an iconic sight in New Smyrna Beach.
When you need a break from the sweet rush of the ocean, head over to the New Smyrna Museum of History, where you’ll find an exhibit dedicated to our favorite sport. Get a closer look at boards from various decades, surf art, magazines and other memorabilia. The museum is free to enter, although donations are accepted.
Want to look the part? Shops like Red Dog, Rip Curl and Quiet Flight carry everything you need to take on the waves. Find items like swim trucks, wetsuits, and even high-quality surfboards. There’s also branded gear that’s perfect for repping NSB once you’re back home.
Whether you choose to get in on the action or just watch from shore, it’s easy to get fully-immersed in the surfing culture of New Smyrna Beach.
- Scenic Sailing in Sardinia
- Save on an adventure to Kinchega National Park
- Immerse Yourself in One Million Blooms at Floriade – Australia’s Biggest Celebration of Spring
- D-EDGE appoints Emilie Couton as new APAC Managing Director
- Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur Welcomes New General Manager Blaise Montandon
- TAA (Vic) bolsters advisory committee in lead up to intended merger
- TravelManagers’ ‘Peace of Mind’ Attracts High Calibre New Recruits
- IAPCO launches its new Job Board, bringing together recruiters and job-seeking meeting professionals from the global meetings industry.
- K-Beauty Brand LAPCOS Just Dropped Three New Products
- Continued Investment In Tech Infrastructure Reaffirms Commitment To Innovation