Travellers will soon be able to book Jetstar flights directly on Alibaba Group’s online travel service platform, Fliggy, following the formation of a new partnership between the two companies, which will give Jetstar access to some of Alibaba Group’s 617 million mobile active users in China.With more than half of its users under 30, Fliggy is a major direct sales platform for airlines and travel providers targeting a younger generation of Chinese travellers.
Jetstar Group CEO, Gareth Evans, said partnering with Fliggy gave the low-cost carrier an exciting opportunity to connect with the growing numbers of younger Chinese travellers.
“Our partnership with Fliggy provides another option for more people to access Jetstar’s great value fares and network of more than 85 destinations,” Mr. Evans said.
“And with many using mobile applications when planning their next trip, having a Jetstar store on Fliggy makes it easier for our customers to research and book flights.
“This partnership demonstrates our ongoing commitment to China and the broader Asian region helping us bring low fares to more people.”
Mr. Jerry Hu, Vice President of Alibaba Group, said Australia was a fast-growing market for Fliggy.
“With its wealth of unique travel experiences – from urban attractions to natural wonders – the number of users booking travels to Australia and New Zealand on Fliggy increased by more than 50 percent in the last year,” Mr. Hu said.
“The partnership with Jetstar will further enrich our offerings for those interested in exploring Australia and the neighbouring regions, especially budget-conscious young consumers. And, consumer insights from our platform will enable Jetstar to better understand their customers and develop informed product and marketing strategy.”
The Jetstar Group of airlines offers more than 30 return flights a week into 11 Chinese cities, including Shanghai, Sanya and Zhengzhou, from Singapore, Vietnam, Japan and Australia.
- Viking.TV celebrates one year of award winning programming
- KINTO Increases Hire Car Fleet by more than 50%
- Fairmont El San Juan Hotel Joins Bespoke Personalized Wedding Package By Fairmont In Partnership With Neil Lane
- Silversea Offers Guests Included Business Class Air On Select Asian Voyages
- Marina Bay Sands launches Virtual Meeting Place, a first for MICE venues
- Philippe Leboeuf Receives Best Independent Hotelier of The World Award
- Two Of The World’s Finest Join Forces: Kulm Hotel St. Moritz And Mauro Colagreco
- Phuket’s Tourism Thrives: Success Amidst Infrastructure Woes
- EBRD and UNWTO Partner to Boost Tourism Recovery
- Reconnect At Baros For This Year’s Festive Season