Resilient Lady, the third ship in Richard Branson’s multi-award-winning cruise line, Virgin Voyages, has today sailed into Cairns, Queensland. The ship is entering the final days of her repositioning voyage before settling into Australia for her much-anticipated inaugural season.
Sailors will disembark at the Cairns Cruise Liner Terminal at 10 a.m. this morning to take in Far North Queensland’s tropical delights on the repositioning trip Down Under. The stopover is part of Resilient Lady’s 44-day repositioning voyage, which departed Athens on 22 October and has made bucket-list stops via Dubai, Mumbai, Phuket, Singapore and Bali along the way.
After entering Australian waters earlier this week in Darwin, Resilient Lady will anchor next at Airlie Beach, the gateway to the Whitsundays. She’ll then continue onto Sydney, which marks the end of the historic journey and the beginning of her first season in Australia and New Zealand.
Due to strong Sailor demand, Resilient Lady will be making a bigger splash in Queensland on her ‘24/’25 summer sailings, adding itineraries with stops in Port Douglas, Willis Island, Mooloolaba and Brisbane.
Virgin Voyages’ Chief Executive Officer, Nirmal Saverimuttu, said: “Queensland is a bucket list destination for any traveller, especially for our Sailors. There’s a desire to explore the picturesque coastal cities of Cairns and Airlie Beach along with the surrounding regions. As an Australian myself, I can attest that Far North Queensland is as beautiful as they come, and we look forward to spending more time in the Sunshine State next summer.”
Sailors aboard have the option of booking “Shore Things” (Virgin Voyages’ term for shore excursions) with the chance to immerse themselves in the region’s breathtaking landscapes, local cuisine and Aussie culture. Always wanting to give its Sailors a true taste of the destination, Virgin Voyages travelers can explore the wonders of the Great Barrier Reef, brave white-water rafting adventures, embark on scenic rainforest journeys, visit the iconic Whitehaven Beach, savour the flavours of Airlie Beach’s’ local breweries and much more.
Finally, as part of the brand’s commitment to sustainability and the ocean, Virgin Voyages will donate all proceeds from its launch events in Sydney and Melbourne to the local non-profit, Citizens of the Great Barrier Reef. Locals are invited to “paint the town red,” coming aboard for one night only of incredible dining, entertainment and the signature Scarlet Night. Priced at $99, the now sold-out ticket offers attendees a multi-course dinner at one of Resilient Lady’s six signature restaurants while the ship is berthed at Circular Quay and Port Melbourne ahead of her Mermaiden Voyage.
For more information on Virgin Voyages, visit www.virginvoyages.com, or follow Virgin Voyages on social media @virginvoyages.
- Vermillion Announces the Launch of Its B2C Collection, Offering Buyers Around the Globe Access to the World of Asian Luxury Design
- INTERSOUND releases tribute to ex-Beatle
- Carnival Store Featuring Branded Merchandise Added to Carnival Cruise Line’s Loyalty Rocks! Catalog for Travel Advisors
- New 2019 Highlights With All-Time High Engagement Events Revitalised For All Delegates
- 2018 Carnival Legend brawl caused by stepping on someone’s shoe!
- Sarawak as the first Legacy Capital in Malaysia and Borneo, announces Premier of Sarawak
- Zoe Tay Becomes A Wax Artist as She Unveils Her New Look
- Novotel Living: Bangkok’s Pinnacle of Urban Chic!
- Esteemed Chef Nobu Matsuhisa Set to Open at Crown Sydney
- Alfresco Dining in Sydney