Centara Hotels & Resorts, Thailand’s leading hotel operator, has strengthened its executive management team with the appointment of Michael Henssler as its new Chief Operating Officer, to oversee the expansion of the company’s diverse global portfolio and support the creation of exceptional guest journeys by blending innovation with Centara’s timeless Thai hospitality.
A hotel industry expert with almost 30 years of experience, Henssler has held senior leadership positions in Europe, the Middle East, and China. A graduate of the prestigious École Hôtelière de Lausanne in Switzerland, he has enjoyed a stellar career to date, largely with Kempinski, the leading European luxury hotel group. There he held such roles as President – China and Managing Director of Key International Hotel Management, the Chinese joint venture. Most recently, Henssler was Kempinski’s Chief Operating Officer – Asia.
As Chief Operating Officer of Centara, Henssler will oversee the company’s commercial, operations, and development divisions. Working alongside the senior executive team, he will add considerable value to the business, helping Centara to double its total portfolio and achieve its five-year goal of becoming a top 100 global hotel operator by 2027. He will strive to deliver new hotel management contracts in dynamic destinations and exciting new international markets, through Centara’s collection of six brands and new sectors, including branded residences and wellness retreats.
“Centara is an outstanding company with a proud history and a bright future. It has a balanced portfolio of six distinct hotel brands, all of which have significant potential for growth. Coming from a large family, I deeply admire Centara’s commitment to family values and heartfelt Thai hospitality. I look forward to helping the group extend its warm welcome to even more guests around the world,” commented Mr. Michael Henssler, Chief Operating Officer of Centara Hotels & Resorts.
“I am delighted to welcome Michael to the Centara family. With such an impressive career – including extensive experience in key markets such as China and the Middle East – and a proven track record of achieving exceptional results, he is the perfect person to help our company reach our goal of becoming a top 100 global hotel group,” said Mr. Thirayuth Chirathivat, Chief Executive Officer of Centara Hotels & Resorts.
To learn more about Centara Hotels & Resorts, please visit www.centarahotelsresorts.com.
- Vermillion Announces the Launch of Its B2C Collection, Offering Buyers Around the Globe Access to the World of Asian Luxury Design
- INTERSOUND releases tribute to ex-Beatle
- Carnival Store Featuring Branded Merchandise Added to Carnival Cruise Line’s Loyalty Rocks! Catalog for Travel Advisors
- New 2019 Highlights With All-Time High Engagement Events Revitalised For All Delegates
- 2018 Carnival Legend brawl caused by stepping on someone’s shoe!
- Sarawak as the first Legacy Capital in Malaysia and Borneo, announces Premier of Sarawak
- Zoe Tay Becomes A Wax Artist as She Unveils Her New Look
- Novotel Living: Bangkok’s Pinnacle of Urban Chic!
- Esteemed Chef Nobu Matsuhisa Set to Open at Crown Sydney
- Alfresco Dining in Sydney