Centre for Aviation (CAPA), the world’s most trusted source of aviation market intelligence and a part of the Aviation Week Network, announces the 2024 edition of its CAPA Airline Leader Summit World & Awards for Excellence, is to be held on 21-22 November 2024 in Belgrade, Serbia.
The CAPA Airline Leader Summit World & Awards for Excellence brings together two events under one roof – a two-day conference event and the CAPA Awards for Excellence Gala Dinner.
Hosted by the City of Belgrade and Air Serbia, the event will tap global aviation leaders for an exciting examination of the direction the aviation industry is taking. The Summit & Awards for Excellence will address all the major trends and key industry developments of 2024, as well as taking stock of the performance of the industry throughout the year. The summit will also offer expert insight and insider perspectives on the outlook for the industry in 2025 and beyond.
With the air travel industry having undergone an immense shift over the past few years, it is more important than ever to understand the strategic and competitive landscape across the industry. CAPA’s Airline Leader Summit World & Awards for Excellence will provide unique global perspective, unpacking the changes that are shaping the way airlines, airports and sector suppliers are doing business.
Speakers for the event will include C-level airline and industry executives and representatives from major international media organisations. Attendees will be able to hear from strategic thinkers positioned at the highest levels of the air travel sector, gaining insights from executives throughout the industry value chain. CAPA’s summits attract top industry thought-leaders and decision-makers, providing unparalleled networking opportunities with representatives from travel sector buyers and suppliers.
CAPA – Centre for Aviation, Content & Marketing Director, Marco Navarria said: “The CAPA Airline Leader Summit World is the jewel in the crown of CAPA’s global event calendar. We are extremely excited to be bringing this summit to Belgrade to showcase the destination and hospitality of such an incredible country, highlight important themes and topics impacting aviation globally and help bring the industry together.”
“We are extremely proud that the City of Belgrade will be the host of the next CAPA World Aviation Summit in November 2024, with Air Serbia being the co-host of the event. We are delighted and honoured that Belgrade is recognised as a hub for meaningful discussions and collaborations in the aviation industry. In 2024, we look forward to welcoming you to Belgrade, where the convergence of ideas, innovations, and aspirations will continue to shape the future of aviation. The progress we made, the partnerships we forged, and the friendships we have built during this Summit will undoubtedly contribute to the growth and evolution of our industry.” said Jiri Marek CEO Air Serbia.
The first evening of the summit will include CAPA’s Aviation Awards for Excellence.
These awards recognise and reward airlines and airports that have shown clear leadership, innovation and strategic excellence within the sector. Reflecting CAPA’s position as unbiased industry experts, each award is independently researched by CAPA’s leading team of analysts and selected by an independent international eminent panel of judges.
Award categories for 2024 include:
- Airline/Airline Group of the Year
- Lost Cost Airline of the Year
- Regional Airline of the Year
- Airline Turnaround of the Year
- Start-up Airline of the Year
- Large Airport of the Year
- Medium Airport of the Year
- Regional Airport of the Year
- Airline Executive of the Year
- Innovation of the Year
- Viking.TV celebrates one year of award winning programming
- KINTO Increases Hire Car Fleet by more than 50%
- Fairmont El San Juan Hotel Joins Bespoke Personalized Wedding Package By Fairmont In Partnership With Neil Lane
- Silversea Offers Guests Included Business Class Air On Select Asian Voyages
- Marina Bay Sands launches Virtual Meeting Place, a first for MICE venues
- Philippe Leboeuf Receives Best Independent Hotelier of The World Award
- Two Of The World’s Finest Join Forces: Kulm Hotel St. Moritz And Mauro Colagreco
- Phuket’s Tourism Thrives: Success Amidst Infrastructure Woes
- EBRD and UNWTO Partner to Boost Tourism Recovery
- Reconnect At Baros For This Year’s Festive Season