Viking’s Arctic itineraries, launched in May 2023, are in high demand from Australian and New Zealand travellers seeking alternative experiences as their destination drivers.
Viking’s three Arctic itineraries journey the remote and less explored Canadian High Arctic and Greenland destinations, providing guests with a unique mix of diverse destination involvement in every port. With travellers seeking a more tailored approach to cruising, onshore cultural excursions allow them to create personalised travel itinerary experiences.
Guests can enjoy a bicycle ride into the stunning Montmorency Falls to admire the panoramic views of Quebec City, create memories during a photography lesson in the cobblestone streets of Quebec City’s Old Town, or go whale watching in a Special Operations Boat or Zodiac.
Viking’s onboard enrichment lectures allow guests to immerse themselves in the footsteps of intrepid explorers or Intuit tradition before engaging in an ancient geology science research project in the Canadian Shield before joining a scientist for lunch.
Kayaking amongst icebergs in the Ilulissat Icefjord, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is a popular activity, as is dining in cosmopolitan Nuuk before unwinding in the Sauna, Snow Grotto or Thermal Pool in the Nordic Spa to recharge and revitalise.
“When we launched these three itineraries in May this year, their popularity quickly exceeded our expectations. These itineraries offer an opportunity to explore the rugged wilderness of some of the world’s most remote villages and coastlines. Our excursions and activities offer great insight into Arctic life, like riding a Huskie-led sled, taking a King Crab Safari or hiking to a medieval homestead with a Viking,” said Michelle Black, Viking ANZ Managing Director.
“Our excursions and onboard enrichment programs tick all the boxes for curious travellers seeking a mix of unique experiences. Offering multiple activities in every port means each guest experience is personalised, creating a bespoke holiday they want.”
Viking cruises in the Arctic region offer an alternative voyage for guests who have already explored the remoteness and beauty of Antarctica and are ready to explore the rugged landscapes and distant shores of this glacial region.
Sailings are limited with Canada and the Northwest Passage itinerary sailing only twice a year during the northern hemisphere’s summer months when the region experiences almost 24 hours of sunlight.
Viking has redefined expedition cruising with its state-of-the-art expedition ship, Viking Octantis, allowing guests to explore the world’s most remote destinations from the comfort of the elegantly designed Scandinavian interiors.
Viking’s The Heart of Exploring sale offers flight credit of up to $2,500 per couple for bookings made before 30 November 2023 or unless sold out prior.
New Arctic itineraries include:
- 27-day Canada & the Northwest Passage voyage from Nuuk to Toronto or vice versa. On this journey through the Canadian High Arctic and Greenland, guests can view towering icebergs, expansive icefields, and deep-blue fjords rich in marine life, get a glimpse of life in Inuit communities and learn about traditions sustained for generations. This voyage combines Viking’s Into the Northwest Passage and Canada & Greenland Explorer itineraries, creating a comprehensive journey through the Arctic Circle. Priced from $35,995pp in a Deluxe Nordic Balcony, including savings of up to $2,000 per couple.
- 13-day Into the Northwest Passage roundtrip from Nuuk, Greenland. Guests can explore the undiscovered polar territories beneath the skies of the midnight sun and immerse themselves in Inuit traditions as they visit towns dotted with colourful wooden houses. Priced from $17,995pp in a Nordic Balcony, including savings of up to $2,000 per couple.
- 15-day Canada & Greenland Explorer voyage from Toronto to Nuuk or vice versa. Explore Canada and Greenland’s rocky shores on an awe-inspiring journey through one of the most fascinating corners of the world. Sail amid floating icebergs as they drift in blue-tinged waters and witness the wonders of Mother Nature. Priced from $24,495pp in a Deluxe Veranda Stateroom, including savings of up to $2,000 per couple.
Call Viking at 138 747 (AU) or 0800 447 913 (New Zealand), visit viking.com or see your Viking agent.
- Vermillion Announces the Launch of Its B2C Collection, Offering Buyers Around the Globe Access to the World of Asian Luxury Design
- INTERSOUND releases tribute to ex-Beatle
- Carnival Store Featuring Branded Merchandise Added to Carnival Cruise Line’s Loyalty Rocks! Catalog for Travel Advisors
- New 2019 Highlights With All-Time High Engagement Events Revitalised For All Delegates
- 2018 Carnival Legend brawl caused by stepping on someone’s shoe!
- Sarawak as the first Legacy Capital in Malaysia and Borneo, announces Premier of Sarawak
- Zoe Tay Becomes A Wax Artist as She Unveils Her New Look
- Novotel Living: Bangkok’s Pinnacle of Urban Chic!
- Esteemed Chef Nobu Matsuhisa Set to Open at Crown Sydney
- Alfresco Dining in Sydney