As the tourism realm shifts towards inclusivity, the sun-kissed state of Queensland leads the way. With nearly a quarter of global travellers having accessibility needs, Queensland’s tourism magnates ensure everyone gets a slice of the adventure pie. The mandate is clear: travel is a right, not a luxury, for everyone.
Recent insights reveal that of Australians living with disabilities, over 76.8% contend with physical disorders, mainly musculoskeletal challenges, arthritis, or back issues. Although only 4.4% of these individuals use wheelchairs, the spectrum of accessibility needs is broad.
Here’s a curated list of 12 sensational Queensland experiences, sculpted to perfection for those with diverse mobility requirements:
1. Skyrail Rainforest Cableway – Glide over the UNESCO World Heritage Wet Tropics. With specially designed carriages, embark on an aerial escapade, culminating in mesmerizing views of Barron Gorge and Barron Falls.
2. Dive into the Depths with Quicksilver Cruises – From the Agincourt Reef pontoon, the Great Barrier Reef unveils its treasures. Dive, snorkel, or gaze through a glass-bottomed boat.
3. Time Travel with Dinosaurs – Dive deep into prehistory in Outback Queensland. From marvelling at ancient fossils to hands-on experiences in a laboratory, the Australian Age of Dinosaurs has it all.
4. Artistic Wonders at ArtVo – Gold Coast’s larger-than-life murals beckon. Interact, pose, and immerse yourself in art like never before.
5. Rainforestation Nature Park – Soak in Aboriginal traditions amidst Wet Tropics Rainforest. Ride a historic Amphibious Army Duck for a wet and wild experience.
6. Magnetic Island Adventures – With Master Reef Guides leading the way, explore the secrets of the reefs and stories of the island, and indulge in aquatic splendours.
7. Historical Journeys on Mary Valley Rattler – Relive the past aboard this steam train, passing through the picturesque Sunshine Coast.
8. Subterranean Wonders at Undara Experience – Navigate the hollow tubes of Undara Volcanic National Park, created by ancient lava flows.
9. Whale Encounters on Quick Cat II – Get up close with the majestic humpback whales as they play in the serene waters of Hervey Bay.
10. Marine Adventures at Sea World Marine Park – Dive into the marine world, interact with dolphins and seals, and enjoy splash zones tailored for all.
11. Athletic Spirit at Jetty 2 Jetty Fun Run – Join Brisbane’s most inclusive race, spanning the picturesque coastlines of Moreton Bay.
12. Coastal Aesthetics at SWELL Sculpture Festival – Experience Queensland’s most extensive outdoor sculpture exhibition on Currumbin Beach.
Queensland sets a shining example as the world pivots towards inclusivity, weaving memories for all sans barriers. These mobility-friendly experiences allow everyone to revel in the state’s beauty, adventure, and charm. So, pack those bags and let Queensland’s diverse landscape, from rainforests to reefs, leave an indelible mark on your heart.
Written by: Jill Walsh
- Ascott Opens Japan’s First Lyf Coliving Property In The Vibrant Fukuoka City
- Vegan on Vacation
- Read What’s Happening Inside Australian Travel Industry!
- oneworld is millennials’ favourite airline alliance again
- Henrietta: Australia’s Hottest Chick Now Open in Melbourne!
- Luxury Trio: A by Adina, Quincy, Darling Harbour
- Australia’s marine environment needs more funding after decade of neglect
- Unveil Nature’s Gems at Reflections Holiday Parks’ Wildlife Wonders!
- Sojern Data Shows Desktop Travel Search Remains Dominate
- Coralie Bell takes top job at Australian Regional Tourism