As travellers take to the skies once again, digital travel platform Agoda shares the top domestic and international flight destinations of 2023 so far. In Australia it’s Melbourne that trumps Sydney as the most popular domestic destination. Whilst Bali retains its stronghold, closely followed by Vietnam for Aussies headed abroad.
Domestically, Melbourne, often tipped as Australia’s most liveable city, has pipped Sydney for the top domestic flight destination, followed by Brisbane, Adelaide and the Gold Coast.
Agoda insights show that after Bali, Aussie travellers are taking off for Ho Chi Minh City with Bangkok, Singapore and Manila rounding out the top five. The ranking shows a clear preference for destinations that are affordable with direct flight options, with all five of the destinations falling in that category.
“Many factors contribute to the popularity of Southeast Asian cities”, said Andrew Smith, Senior Vice President of Supply, Agoda. “These cities represent five bustling metropolises, with rich culture and history, an exquisite culinary scene, and unique nightlife. Even with airlines expanding their routes and fleets, I wouldn’t be surprised if we’ll see these amazing destinations ranking high for years to come.”
- Ascott Opens Japan’s First Lyf Coliving Property In The Vibrant Fukuoka City
- Vegan on Vacation
- Read What’s Happening Inside Australian Travel Industry!
- oneworld is millennials’ favourite airline alliance again
- Henrietta: Australia’s Hottest Chick Now Open in Melbourne!
- Luxury Trio: A by Adina, Quincy, Darling Harbour
- Australia’s marine environment needs more funding after decade of neglect
- Unveil Nature’s Gems at Reflections Holiday Parks’ Wildlife Wonders!
- Sojern Data Shows Desktop Travel Search Remains Dominate
- Coralie Bell takes top job at Australian Regional Tourism