For the second year in a row, Destination Canada is partnering with Woolworths Carols in the Domain to bring Canada’s quintessential winter wonderland to this iconic Australian event.
With 50,000 people set to gather to celebrate the spirit of Christmas, and millions more tuning in from home, Australians will be invited to imagine their own white Christmas wonderland in Canada, the legendary home of winter.
“The announcement of our second-year partnership with Woolworths Carols in the Domain follows a hugely successful event in December 2022, where guests were treated to a reimagined Canadian winter landscape, complete with real snow, a life-sized snow dome and rolling footage of white Christmas scenes on the big screens,” says Julie King, Managing Director, Destination Canada GSA – Australia.
“This year promises to be even bigger, with the chance for Australians to enter a competition to win their ultimate winter trip to Canada, courtesy of Air Canada and Destination British Columbia,” adds Julie.
Woolworths Carols in the Domain takes place on Saturday 16th December 2023, featuring some of Australia’s biggest stars, transcending religion, ethnicity, geography, gender, age and politics, and bringing families and friends together in an atmosphere of hope.
“This spirit of the event aligns beautifully with the values of Canada, where open spaces, open minds and open hearts beckon to Australians seeking meaningful, wonderous winter travel experiences,” says Julie.
Michael McKay, President of activeTV, producer of Woolworths Carols in the Domain, believes Destination Canada adds an intriguing dimension to this classic Aussie Christmas occasion.
“The festive season brings with it a sense of possibilities, anticipation and optimism, with many Australians planning bucket-list adventures in the year ahead,” says Michael.
“Canada embodies the magic of the season. A white Christmas in Canada is the stuff of dreams and we’re thrilled to bring that dream to life here at Woolworths Carols in the Domain.”
- Travel More, Pay Less: Free Days with Swiss Travel Pass
- Scone Bar At NUO Hotel Beijing’s Lobby Lounge
- Drowning travel agents need urgent lifeline as COVID crisis takes toll
- Strong partners: AIDA Cruises remains main sponsor of the classical music festival “Festspiele Mecklenburg-Vorpommern” until 2024
- Travel Plans Can change… Enjoy More Flexibility
- AC Hotel by Marriott® Melbourne Southbank and Patient Wolf Distilling Co. mix the perfectly precise blend
- NSW Government leadership on Travel T&Cs welcome
- Carnival Cruise Line Announces That Costa Luminosa Will Transfer to the Carnival Fleet and Start Service in November 2022
- Azamara® Reveals 2022 European Voyages for its New Ship, Azamara OnwardSM
- Explore ‘Ancient Lands’ at Newly Opened Ngilgi Cave!