The Riverland region is responsible for more than 70 of South Australia’s annual crush, and 30 of the country’s total crush every year, but is still a well-kept secret of the Australian wine industry.
Well, not anymore the secrets out, thanks to Riverland Uprising Riverland Wines Riverland Uprising project brings together a series of commissioned articles by renowned wine writer Katie Spain and portrait photographs by international award-winning wine and travel photographer Matt Wilson capturing the unique personalities and brand stories from thirteen project participants.
The Riverland Uprising program features many notable local winemakers such as Eric and Jenny Semmler from 919 Wines, the family-owned, award-winning certified organic winery in Glossop Bruce and Val Bassham, from Bassham Wines, who are responsible for one of the most exciting collections of alternative wine grape varieties in Australia and brothers Jim and Arthur Markeas from Mallee Estate Wines, whore continuing their parent’s winemaking legacy through successful alternate varieties, including Tempranillo.
The brothers from Mallee Estate made quite a splash during the Riverland Uprising project creative process – see the attached video The Riverland Uprising series of articles and images will better equip participants to tell their stories and break through the noise of a crowded marketplace as the Riverlands wine reputation continues to gain traction.
Written by: Jill Walsh
- Scenic Sailing in Sardinia
- Save on an adventure to Kinchega National Park
- Immerse Yourself in One Million Blooms at Floriade – Australia’s Biggest Celebration of Spring
- D-EDGE appoints Emilie Couton as new APAC Managing Director
- Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur Welcomes New General Manager Blaise Montandon
- TAA (Vic) bolsters advisory committee in lead up to intended merger
- TravelManagers’ ‘Peace of Mind’ Attracts High Calibre New Recruits
- IAPCO launches its new Job Board, bringing together recruiters and job-seeking meeting professionals from the global meetings industry.
- K-Beauty Brand LAPCOS Just Dropped Three New Products
- Continued Investment In Tech Infrastructure Reaffirms Commitment To Innovation