New Zealand has been secretly planting an underground network of Secret Travel Agents. Its mission is to encourage Australians to book a holiday in Aotearoa New Zealand. With successfully executed missions like introducing the flat white to Australian culture or reminding Australians of how New Zealand does winter with its longer snow season, the Secret Travel Agents network of approximately 600,000 has been infiltrating Australians’ minds, hearts and mouths for years.
Now, the identities of some of the agents have been revealed in a recorded video conference. With Melanie Bracewell, Ricki-Lee, Richard Wilkins, Stan Walker, Kita Mean, Broxh and The Beached Az Whale, are revealed as Secret Travel Agents, who have been working to remind the world what is unique and special about Aotearoa New Zealand.
The brief is simple yet effective. Find ways to include New Zealand in regular chat, social media feeds, or general conversation. For example, posting a throwback picture from Waitomo Glowworm Caves, sharing your love of a Central Otago Pinot Noir, or simply reminding Australians that New Zealand scallops are just a bit bigger than theirs.
Those who have experienced the Manaakitanga warm welcome, hospitality and kindness of New Zealand people, have a strong adoration of all things Aotearoa, and are looking to seek more of the uniqueness New Zealand has to offer, will have what it takes to be a Secret Travel Agent. Kiwi expat, Melanie Bracewell, comedian and Head Secret Travel Agent, states For Australians seeking out the unexpected, it’s time to start planning a trip to see what being a Secret Travel Agent is all about.
Between taking a flight to see the West Coast glaciers to jumping on an e-bike and doing the Otago Rail Trail over a few days, Aotearoa has you covered. Stan Walker, Australian-born Musician and New Zealand Secret Travel Agent shared that now is the moment for Australians to explore our Whenua land and satisfy their curiosity with unexpected experiences, culture, and rich history.
The Manaakitanga of New Zealand is something we’ve known for, and we can’t wait to welcome Australians and share our Aroha love and our welcoming spirit.
Written by: Jill Walsh
- Scenic Sailing in Sardinia
- Save on an adventure to Kinchega National Park
- Immerse Yourself in One Million Blooms at Floriade – Australia’s Biggest Celebration of Spring
- D-EDGE appoints Emilie Couton as new APAC Managing Director
- Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur Welcomes New General Manager Blaise Montandon
- TAA (Vic) bolsters advisory committee in lead up to intended merger
- TravelManagers’ ‘Peace of Mind’ Attracts High Calibre New Recruits
- IAPCO launches its new Job Board, bringing together recruiters and job-seeking meeting professionals from the global meetings industry.
- K-Beauty Brand LAPCOS Just Dropped Three New Products
- Continued Investment In Tech Infrastructure Reaffirms Commitment To Innovation