Scheduled to debut in April 2023, the Viking Saturn will spend her maiden season sailing itineraries in the Mediterranean and in Northern Europe. It is always a proud day when a new Viking ship meets water for the first time and moves one step closer to joining her sister ships in our fleet, said Torstein Hagen, Chairman of Viking.
Together with Fincantieri, we have built the world’s most elegant ocean vessels and we look forward to welcoming our first guests on board the Viking Saturn when she is delivered next spring. The traditional float-out ceremony took place at Fincantieri’s Ancona shipyard and is significant because it denotes a ship moving into its final stage of construction.
The float out of the Viking Saturn began at approximately 1100 a.m.local time when the Viking team cut a cord that signalled water to flow into the ships building dock.
Following a two-day process that will set the Viking Saturn afloat, she will then be moved to a nearby outfitting dock for final construction and interior build-out.
Written by: Supaporn Pholrach (Joom)
- Scenic Sailing in Sardinia
- Save on an adventure to Kinchega National Park
- Immerse Yourself in One Million Blooms at Floriade – Australia’s Biggest Celebration of Spring
- D-EDGE appoints Emilie Couton as new APAC Managing Director
- Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur Welcomes New General Manager Blaise Montandon
- TAA (Vic) bolsters advisory committee in lead up to intended merger
- TravelManagers’ ‘Peace of Mind’ Attracts High Calibre New Recruits
- IAPCO launches its new Job Board, bringing together recruiters and job-seeking meeting professionals from the global meetings industry.
- K-Beauty Brand LAPCOS Just Dropped Three New Products
- Continued Investment In Tech Infrastructure Reaffirms Commitment To Innovation