Flavours that make up the region will be showcased throughout 10 tantalising days of the Taste Bundaberg Festival in August, with a smorgasbord of food-focused events on offer.
Kicking off on Friday 5 August, the festival will be launched with Let the Night Be Gin at Kalki Moon Distillery with more than 20 events and activities rolling out throughout the program.
Celebrity chef Colin Fassnidge of My Kitchen Rules fame and pastry chef and chocolatier Kirsten Tibbals, often referred to as the ‘Queen of Chocolate’ for her contribution to the chocolate industry, will both be in attendance to celebrate the Bundaberg Region.
Council’s Arts, Culture and Events portfolio spokesperson Cr John Learmonth said the Taste Bundaberg Festival offered up unique experiences on a platter for everyone to enjoy.
“What an amazing showcasing of the region’s wonderful local producers and businesses in the food, farming and culinary industries!” he said.
“Taste Bundaberg Festival is all about celebrating the Bundaberg Region as the food bowl of the nation and showcasing all of the local quality fresh produce and food innovation.
“From farm to fork, ocean to plate, barley to brews and everything in between, each corner of the Bundaberg Region is a food haven just waiting to be explored.”
Cr Learmonth said there would be plenty of tours and tastings during the 10-day program as well as markets, cooking demonstrations and more.
“If you have a sweet tooth, then there’s plenty to divulge in including dessert masterclass, chocolate-themed workshops and a virtual trail of the best places to get a sugar rush,” he said.
“For those who fancy a sit-down feast, why not participate in a degustation dinner where you can enjoy multiple courses paired with delicious drinks.
“There’s also a range of family-friendly events including a picnic under the orchard of Macadamias Australia and the Taste Bundaberg Farmers Market which will be held in an all-new venue at the Bundaberg Recreational Precinct.
“Meat-lovers won’t miss out either with a Low and Slow event in Jayteens Park, Caveman Style Open Fire Dining and BBQ and Brews events all part of the festivities.
“Attend one event or attend them all, this program is sure to satisfy all of your cravings!”
The Taste Bundaberg Festival will be held across the region from 5 August to 14 August.
Tickets will be available from noon on 27 June.
- Online Slot Machine Strategies – How to Beat them
- The best smartphone games to play while on vacation
- Work and play: how to safely work on your vacation
- World of Hyatt Bonus Journeys is Back with Two Ways to Earn
- Jetstar and Indigo partnership goes live
- American Airlines Announces Agreement to Purchase Boom Supersonic Overture Aircraft, Places Deposit on 20 Overtures
- New series reveals Sydney has all the ingredients for the ultimate holiday
- Centara appoints experienced Centara hotel manager for the group’s first address in Bangkok’s historic district
- ‘Cowra’s Canola Tours and Blooming Attractions’
- Da Vittorio Launch at Reverie Saigon Redefines Italian Fine Dining in Vietnam