Qantas has issued a public notice regarding its application for licence to operate scheduled services from Australia to Samoa and vice versa.
The exciting development comes as the Samoan government announced last month that its borders will be reopening to international travellers from August 1st.
Qantas has proposed the launch of direct services from Brisbane and Sydney international airports to Samoa’s gateway Faleolo International Airport, with additional frequencies and city-pairs to be added.
As Australia’s national airline with involvement in the One World Alliance, Qantas’ network spans more than 900 destinations in 170 territories with hundreds of airport lounges. Qantas’ potential licence to operate in Samoa allows both parties to reap the benefits of Samoa’s impending tourism boom, with Samoa set to be a top destination amongst Australian travellers in the coming years.
Samoa Tourism Authority’s acting CEO Tupai Robert Ah Sam said: “Qantas’ application to operate flight services direct from Australia to Samoa is wonderful news for the nation, as we continue to ramp up our preparations ahead of welcoming back Australian visitors. The flight schedule will be welcomed by many, as it will allow Australian travellers to cut down on travel time and layovers on their journey to Apia”.
Qantas spokesperson said: “We’re really excited about the possibility of re-establishing regular passenger services between Australia and Samoa. We’ll have more detail to share once we’ve received all the necessary approvals from the Samoan Government.”
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience