Emerald Azzurra will offer seven-night, eight-day itineraries from Doha, with stops at Sir Bani Yas Island, Abu Dhabi; Khasab, Oman; Fujairah, UAE; Zighy Bay, Oman; and Dubai and vice versa.
Qatar Tourism has announced new superyacht luxury cruises in partnership with Emerald Cruises, sailing from Doha launching in January 2023.
Pre and post-cruise tours are available where guests can opt for a three-day package to explore the sites and culture of Qatar. Highlights include the National Museum of Qatar, designed by French architect Jean Nouvel, in the style of a desert rose; or a visit to Souq Waqif, to purchase local souvenirs and spices. Visitors can take a trip into the desert and visit the Inland Sea, before enjoying dune bashing and a camel ride.
The news comes as construction continues on the new Grand Cruise Terminal located in central Doha, near the Museum of Islamic Art and Souq Waqif. The terminal will have the capacity to host two megaships and will offer various attractions, including an aquarium and art gallery.
Chief Operating Officer of Qatar Tourism, Berthold Trenkel, said: “In line with the national strategy, Qatar National Vision 2030, we are expanding our tourism value proposition and are excited to welcome travellers from around the world to experience the best of Qatari hospitality both on sea and land. The new itineraries launching with Emerald Cruises are another step towards achieving this vision.
“Qatar has an incredible range of hotels, restaurants, activities and cultural landmarks which can be enjoyed pre and post the cruise, allowing guests the freedom to explore Qatar at their leisure. We welcome travellers from around the world to experience our beautiful country and the best of the Middle East, all in one easily accessible place.”
Rob Voss, COO, Scenic Group, which includes Emerald Cruises, comments: “We are delighted to be taking our new superyacht, Emerald Azzurra to Qatar’s vibrant city of Doha next winter. In partnership with Qatar Tourism, our guests will experience first-hand and in luxury yachting style the immersive beauty and hospitality The Gulf region and specifically Qatar has to offer. It will be magical.”
The superyacht, Emerald Azzurra, can accommodate 100 guests, at an impressive 110 metres in length. Guests can enjoy a Sky Bar, observation deck and lounge, wellness area, an infinity pool and marina platform which hosts several marina toys including sea bobs and paddleboards.
- Online Slot Machine Strategies – How to Beat them
- The best smartphone games to play while on vacation
- Work and play: how to safely work on your vacation
- World of Hyatt Bonus Journeys is Back with Two Ways to Earn
- Jetstar and Indigo partnership goes live
- American Airlines Announces Agreement to Purchase Boom Supersonic Overture Aircraft, Places Deposit on 20 Overtures
- New series reveals Sydney has all the ingredients for the ultimate holiday
- Centara appoints experienced Centara hotel manager for the group’s first address in Bangkok’s historic district
- ‘Cowra’s Canola Tours and Blooming Attractions’
- Da Vittorio Launch at Reverie Saigon Redefines Italian Fine Dining in Vietnam