OKLAHOMA! musical agent competition #OKHereWeGo adds further prizes.
The search continues for talented and passionate travel industry folk to be the voice (literally) for the U.S. travel revival, with weekly prizes now added to the OKLAHOMA! Talent Showcase competition.
The competition, hosted by Oklahoma Tourism, with partners Brand USA, United Airlines and Visit Grapevine, urges agents to showcase their musical talent with their own rendition of a song from Rodgers & Hammerstein’s classic musical, OKLAHOMA! and say why they want to get to the Sooner State. One winner will be flying to the state with United on a road trip for two, as well as the four best auditionees having the opportunity to sing to a live audience during a travel revival celebration event in Sydney to mark the return of international travel. #OKHereWeGo.
To entice you further, Oklahoma Tourism is rewarding the best entry each week with $100 and two runners up with $50 with entries closing on 25 February. Oh What a Beautiful Mornin’!
The winner of the first $100 submission prize is Lauren Oxenham from Adventure World Travel, see her audition video here.
The Sydney-based U.S. travel revival event will take place on 18 March – marking two years since international travel came to an abrupt halt – with the four brave and talented travel industry performers bringing some of OKLAHOMA! the musical’s renowned songs to life. The four winners will receive a trip to Sydney with two nights in a hotel and a spot in the line-up for the musical themed event. This includes time with a professional vocal coach ahead of the performance, and make-up and costume support to help them feel like a star. During the event, one of the lucky performers will also be chosen (based on a panel of industry leaders and the audience) to WIN a Grand Prize of 2 x Return Economy Class Tickets flying United Airlines from either Sydney or Melbourne, hitting the road with 2 nights in Grapevine, TX, before touring Oklahoma for 7 nights, where they can get their kicks on Route 66, attend a rodeo, sample some BBQ, or experience a number of other attractions the State has to offer.
For the chance to join the performance, agents and members of the travel industry should submit a short 60-90 second video including 30-60 seconds of you singing one of the classic songs from Rodgers & Hammerstein’s OKLAHOMA!, along with a short message on why YOU want to visit Oklahoma. For inspiration, songs from the musical can be found here: https://open.spotify.com/album/3JctweW8WZzHbU8gw0J8NP
Agents can learn more about the competition and enter on this link: www.linkdtourism.com/oklahoma-musical-competition-registration/
- Scenic Sailing in Sardinia
- Save on an adventure to Kinchega National Park
- Immerse Yourself in One Million Blooms at Floriade – Australia’s Biggest Celebration of Spring
- D-EDGE appoints Emilie Couton as new APAC Managing Director
- Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur Welcomes New General Manager Blaise Montandon
- TAA (Vic) bolsters advisory committee in lead up to intended merger
- TravelManagers’ ‘Peace of Mind’ Attracts High Calibre New Recruits
- IAPCO launches its new Job Board, bringing together recruiters and job-seeking meeting professionals from the global meetings industry.
- K-Beauty Brand LAPCOS Just Dropped Three New Products
- Continued Investment In Tech Infrastructure Reaffirms Commitment To Innovation