The Boating Industry Association Ltd has launched an online retail listing website to enable the public to buy with confidence from trusted members of the industry.
BIA spokesperson Neil Patchett said the national online sales portal for boats and gear being offered by BIA members across Australia was backed by a Code of Conduct.
“At a time of online scams and deals that may look ‘too good to be true’, BIA is supporting public confidence with an industry-backed digital marketplace,” he said. “One way to avoid scams is to buy from a trusted BIA member who observe an industry code of ethics and behaviour.”
Prominent industry retailer Matthew Hodson of John Crawford Marine said: “If the pandemic has taught us anything, it’s to place a value on what we can collectively achieve by industry coming together for a common goal especially now that demand for online information is at an all-time high.
“With a fast growing and influential online marketplace, this is a real benefit to industry members that can be overwhelmed by the array of choice with online marketing and costs.
“There is nothing more personally rewarding than being part of an industry-owned and operated web-based marine marketplace. With a low cost, not-for-profit model where any surpluses to the association are being reinvested for the benefit of members nationwide.”
Since launching approximately eight weeks ago, BIA Marketplace has more than 1700 listings, attracted almost 10,000 website visitors and generated more than 1000 enquiries.
A national snapshot of the boating industry for the year ending 30 June 2021 is as follows:
- The marine industry had a turnover of $8.835bn (up 11% on last year)
- Direct employment was 27,630 with many thousands more in associated businesses (up 9%)
- There are more than 2100 active boating industry businesses (up 5%)
- There were more than 920,000 registered boats, countless non-powered watercraft
- More than 2.5 million Australians held a boat licence
- There were approximately 18,500 new boats registered during the year.
Go to: www.discoverboating.com.au and choose Marketplace
- Scenic Sailing in Sardinia
- Save on an adventure to Kinchega National Park
- Immerse Yourself in One Million Blooms at Floriade – Australia’s Biggest Celebration of Spring
- D-EDGE appoints Emilie Couton as new APAC Managing Director
- Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur Welcomes New General Manager Blaise Montandon
- TAA (Vic) bolsters advisory committee in lead up to intended merger
- TravelManagers’ ‘Peace of Mind’ Attracts High Calibre New Recruits
- IAPCO launches its new Job Board, bringing together recruiters and job-seeking meeting professionals from the global meetings industry.
- K-Beauty Brand LAPCOS Just Dropped Three New Products
- Continued Investment In Tech Infrastructure Reaffirms Commitment To Innovation