IPW, the first international, large-scale travel meeting to convene live in the United States since the start of the pandemic, took place as the Biden administration announced it would reopen the country to international air travel for vaccinated travelers worldwide.
“The November reopening of international air travel to vaccinated travelers is a critical turning point in our industry’s recovery—and the announcement couldn’t have come at a more perfect time, on the opening day of IPW,”
“IPW is not only reuniting the world, but it’s also a stage for rebuilding relationships and conducting business that will lead to the full return of inbound travel.” – U.S. Travel Association President and CEO Roger Dow.
More than 2,600 attendees from 52 countries gathered in Las Vegas, Nevada, September 18-22 for the 52nd annual IPW the travel industry’s premier international marketplace and the largest generator of travel to the United States.
With health and safety practices at the forefront, IPW gathered global travel professionals, including U.S. destinations, hotels, attractions, sports teams, cruise lines, airlines, and transportation companies, together with international tour operators, buyers, and wholesalers from around the world, to meet under one roof—the new West Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center—for three days of business appointments that will draw future travel and tourism business to the U.S. and facilitate an industrywide recovery.
The delegation included more than 300 members of the media. Reporters covered the event itself, and also met with travel business and destination leaders at the Media Marketplace to generate stories encouraging travel to the U.S.
In 2021, IPW included significant new elements that added value for attendees and enhanced the experience overall. New this year was IPW Focus, an educational program that provided programming across an array of topics, from technology and innovation to research and insights, presented by thought leaders and innovators. IPW also coordinated with the trade show company Connect Travel to co-locate several events around this year’s event.
Brand USA, the destination marketing organization for the United States, returned as the premier sponsor of IPW 2021.
Las Vegas was set to play host to IPW in 2020, but U.S. Travel announced the event’s cancellation at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic.
This is the fifth time Las Vegas has served as the host site for IPW, which last welcomed the global travel event in 2013. IPW 2022 will take place June 4-8, 2022, in Orlando, Florida
Submitted by Mark William Sheehan
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience