P&O Cruises Australia today launched a special video series celebrating regional cruise destinations in Australia beginning with Eden on the Sapphire Coast of NSW.The cruise line’s flagship Pacific Explorer was the first cruise ship to use Eden’s new wharf extension when it opened two years ago and its ships were regular callers.
P&O destinations director, Michael Mihajlov, said Eden was a natural starting point for the series celebrating regional cruise destinations.
“Our guests love Eden and the community there through organisations such as Cruise Eden has embraced cruising and the opportunities it delivers,” Mr Mihajlov said.
“With their enthusiasm they make each cruise ship visit an event in its own right adding unique local attractions such as the beachside Taste of Eden Festival.”
In the six years since the inaugural call, P&O ships have visited Eden on 25 separate occasions bringing around 50,000 guests to the region.
The Eden video is fronted by Cruise Eden Coordinator Debbie Meers.
More destination videos are planned for other destinations such as Airlie Beach in Queensland’s Whitsundays.
Airlie Beach is renowned among the cruising fraternity for the warm welcome provided by its enthusiastic volunteers.
“We know that regional destinations are very keen to see the restart of cruising and the revival of cruise ship calls as soon as it is possible,” Mr Mihajlov said. “And we can’t wait to return.”
- Scenic Sailing in Sardinia
- Save on an adventure to Kinchega National Park
- Immerse Yourself in One Million Blooms at Floriade – Australia’s Biggest Celebration of Spring
- D-EDGE appoints Emilie Couton as new APAC Managing Director
- Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur Welcomes New General Manager Blaise Montandon
- TAA (Vic) bolsters advisory committee in lead up to intended merger
- TravelManagers’ ‘Peace of Mind’ Attracts High Calibre New Recruits
- IAPCO launches its new Job Board, bringing together recruiters and job-seeking meeting professionals from the global meetings industry.
- K-Beauty Brand LAPCOS Just Dropped Three New Products
- Continued Investment In Tech Infrastructure Reaffirms Commitment To Innovation