MASTERS OF MALAYSIAN CUISINE JOIN FORCES TO PROMOTE MALAYSIAN FOOD TO THE WORLD VIA LIVE COOKING VIDEOS
On 27 June, a coalition of eight Malaysian cuisine masters based in different countries around the world will begin a series of monthly Live cooking videos to showcase Malaysian flavours to a global audience.
This Food Fame initiative in partnership with Tourism Malaysia is the first campaign of its kind, and it’s aimed at inspiring people to cook restaurant-quality Malaysian and Malaysian-inspired dishes in their home kitchen.
Experience has shown that despite the popularity of Malaysian food among those who have tried it, most people find it difficult to navigate the ingredients and cooking techniques involved in producing quality Malaysian meals at home.
These live videos which will run for 7 consecutive days with a different chef scheduled each day, will aim to make cooking Malaysian food fun, easy and accessible for all cooks regardless of skill level or where they’re located.
Each of the chefs in Masters Of Malaysian Cuisine brings a different approach and specialty to the mix, and viewers are encouraged to tune in to every session so they benefit from the combined knowledge of these giants of their respective niches.
Street food expert and Masters of Malaysian Cuisine member Jackie M believes that awareness and education coupled with a big dose of entertainment is the best way to encourage people to introduce Malaysian flavours into the kitchen.
“Food brings people together, and Malaysian food, with its unique mix of influences from the different ethnic groups in Malaysia, is a perfect example of how our different racial and cultural backgrounds can result in a cuisine that’s unparalleled in its variety and depth. We are so obsessed with our food that we greet each other by asking if we have eaten!”
The eight Masters Of Malaysian Cuisine are a mix of some of the world’s best known names in Malaysian cuisine along with some hot new talents:
Chef Johari Edrus MasterChef Malaysia Judge | Restaurateur – Kuala Lumpur Malaysia Chef Norman Musa Award Winning Chef | Author |Tutor | TV Host – The Hague, The Netherlands Jackie M. Restaurateur | TV Presenter | Street Food Coach – Sydney, Australia Zaleha Olpin MasterChef UK | Author – Bristol, United Kingdom Pearly Kee Award Winning Nyonya Cook – Penang, Malaysia Chef Rene Juefri 5-star Hotel Executive Chef – Dubai, United Arab Emirates Nora Haron Chef Owner – Local Kitchen, Nora Haron & FYUB San Francisco, USA Chef Dave Murugaya Vegan Chef | YouTube Viral Sensation Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
Viewers are encouraged to sign up so they get notified when the events start; those who do will receive a special eBook collection of 8 recipes from the Masters of Malaysian Cuisine chefs.
- Travel More, Pay Less: Free Days with Swiss Travel Pass
- Scone Bar At NUO Hotel Beijing’s Lobby Lounge
- Drowning travel agents need urgent lifeline as COVID crisis takes toll
- Strong partners: AIDA Cruises remains main sponsor of the classical music festival “Festspiele Mecklenburg-Vorpommern” until 2024
- Travel Plans Can change… Enjoy More Flexibility
- AC Hotel by Marriott® Melbourne Southbank and Patient Wolf Distilling Co. mix the perfectly precise blend
- NSW Government leadership on Travel T&Cs welcome
- Carnival Cruise Line Announces That Costa Luminosa Will Transfer to the Carnival Fleet and Start Service in November 2022
- Azamara® Reveals 2022 European Voyages for its New Ship, Azamara OnwardSM
- Explore ‘Ancient Lands’ at Newly Opened Ngilgi Cave!