On Friday 27th March, adventure tour operator Tucan Travel will turn 33 years old. What started as a few small overland tours in South America has grown into a global community of adventurers from around the world – and now, more than ever, we wish to acknowledge this incredible milestone.
As part of their birthday, Tucan Travel recently asked past clients to submit their most memorable travel stories. Since then, the world has seen some unprecedented changes due to Covid-19 with most international travel being put on hold. In light of this, Tucan Travel now feel it is more important than ever to share these wonderful stories with their community – highlighting the fantastic aspects that travel brings both travellers and communities alike.
You can read Matt’s story about the history of Tucan Travel here.
You can read the top ten stories submitted by customers here and a video encompassing Tucan Travel’s adventures here.
Below is a snippet from the winning story, submitted by Jennifer from Canada:
“Travel and music inspire each other, and that was the case for me back in 1982. This was a time when music videos became art, almost mini-movies, telling a story, and the ones which left the greatest impression on me were filmed by Duran Duran in Sri Lanka. I was 15 years old and I promised myself that one day I would visit! Over the years, I have been to many countries, but Sri Lanka was always burning in my mind. I kept imagining how wonderful it would be. 36 years later, in February 2018, I had finally, finally made it thanks to Tucan Travel! My dream came true. I lived the day! Besides the history, culture, archaeological sites and temples, there was even more to experience with unesco sites, several incredible hikes and views, and even being lucky enough spotting a leopard in Yala National Park! Every day had a fantastic highlight to enjoy!”
Jennifer will secure two spots on Tucan Travel’s Classic Colombia group tour.
Tucan Travel welcomes future bookings at this stage and are offering up to 33% off many departures in 2021. Booking Conditions have been updated and can be found here, with all new bookings subject to free amendment until further notice. The team at Tucan Travel would also like to take the opportunity to thank customers, staff, agents and suppliers from around the world during this difficult period.
- Viking.TV celebrates one year of award winning programming
- KINTO Increases Hire Car Fleet by more than 50%
- Fairmont El San Juan Hotel Joins Bespoke Personalized Wedding Package By Fairmont In Partnership With Neil Lane
- Silversea Offers Guests Included Business Class Air On Select Asian Voyages
- Marina Bay Sands launches Virtual Meeting Place, a first for MICE venues
- Philippe Leboeuf Receives Best Independent Hotelier of The World Award
- Two Of The World’s Finest Join Forces: Kulm Hotel St. Moritz And Mauro Colagreco
- Phuket’s Tourism Thrives: Success Amidst Infrastructure Woes
- EBRD and UNWTO Partner to Boost Tourism Recovery
- Reconnect At Baros For This Year’s Festive Season