The National Wine Centre of Australia has once again been recognised for its superlative delivery of functions and events with all three awards in the related categories being won at the recent Savour awards run by Restaurant and Catering SA, sponsored by HostPlus.
The iconic venue prides itself on its consistently updated menus to ensure guests dine on the most sustainable and freshest local ingredients, superbly matched wines from one of nation’s most diverse and largest Australian collections, flexible, pillarless room settings with abundant healthy natural light and an agile event management process that ensures every event is as personal and stylised as a client could desire whether it be gala dinner, a multi-day conference or anything in between.
The National Wine Centre was awarded the below three categories – each for the second consecutive year.
- Best Wedding Caterer
- Best Function/Convention Centre Caterer
- Caterer of the Year
Jason Bird, General Manager, National Wine Centre of Australia said “ these awards are a testament to the quality of the events that our team delivers day-in, day-out. With the support of our suppliers, partners and the University of Adelaide, we’re able to use the best of South Australia’s local produce complemented by our incredible collection of Australian wines to provide our guests with a truly memorable experience. To receive this recognition from our peers in the industry means a great deal and motivates us to keep striving for improvement.”
Executive Chef Steven Clark also paid tribute to his kitchen team for their tireless efforts and incredible desire for self-improvement within their chosen field which has seen some of his younger staff win national and international awards this year whilst Lisa Hodge, head of Conference and Events was also filled with pride and praise for her team that seamlessly delivers some 900 events annually.
The entire staff at the iconic site fully recognise the importance of the venue entrusted to their management and the preservation of the National Wine Centre of Australia’s stellar reputation as not only a destination synonymous for excellence in catering and corporate and private events, but also as a tourist attraction which has seen the recent launch of a host of new visitor tour and tasting options that may also be adapted to serve as an add-on to visitors attending a corporate or private function.
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience