50 Routes in 28 Countries – Including Six in Australia
Lace up your running shoes all over the world this August, with the publication of Lonely Planet’s Epic Runs of the World.
This beautifully illustrated hardcover book is the fourth instalment in Lonely Planet’s best-selling Epic series (following Epic Bike Rides of the World , Epic Drives of the World , and Epic Hikes of the World ).
Epic Runs of the World showcases 50 incredible routes in 28 countries, from Kenya to Canada, plus a further 150 suggestions.
Australia is represented by six runs highlighted in the chapters “The Great Ocean Road Marathon”, “Melbourne’s Must-Do Park Run”, “The Ormiston Gorge Pound Loop”, “Sydney’s Spectacular Seafront”, “Ultra-Trail Australia” and “Tasmania’s Freycinet Peninsula”.
Featuring everything from short city runs and cross-country trails to must-do marathons and long-distance ultras, each experience is defined by being truly epic – whatever your fitness level.
“Running now has a surprisingly symbiotic relationship with travel itself,” Lonely Planet says. “Experienced vagabonds insist it cures jetlag, while running seems to be the one exercise we actually do when travelling, whether for a short business trip or during a round-the-world adventure.”
Lonely Planet adds that, “the 50 featured runs are first-hand accounts, written by people who are not only passionate about running – some even do it for a living – but also about the idea that to have run somewhere is to know it. These are stories that will convince you there are times when a run is the way to see a place.”
How to Use Lonely Planet’s Epic Runs of the World
Each of the five chapters in this book includes a special collection of runs from that particular region, from easy-access park runs and city loops to iconic marathons and epic ultras. A colour-coded key on the contents page will help you identify which are easy, which require serious fitness and fortitude, and which fall somewhere in between (based almost entirely on distance and elevation gain). Accompanying each main story is some practical information to help you follow in the author’s footsteps. The authors have also included three extra routes or races that have a similar character to their featured run, but may be closer to home or more accessible.
LONELY PLANET’S EPIC RUNS OF THE WORLD
Published 6 August 2019 / 200mm x 260mm / 328pp, hardcover / AU$44.99 / Available wherever books are sold.
- Scenic Sailing in Sardinia
- Save on an adventure to Kinchega National Park
- Immerse Yourself in One Million Blooms at Floriade – Australia’s Biggest Celebration of Spring
- D-EDGE appoints Emilie Couton as new APAC Managing Director
- Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur Welcomes New General Manager Blaise Montandon
- TAA (Vic) bolsters advisory committee in lead up to intended merger
- TravelManagers’ ‘Peace of Mind’ Attracts High Calibre New Recruits
- IAPCO launches its new Job Board, bringing together recruiters and job-seeking meeting professionals from the global meetings industry.
- K-Beauty Brand LAPCOS Just Dropped Three New Products
- Continued Investment In Tech Infrastructure Reaffirms Commitment To Innovation