In an age where winter travel is rapidly transforming, Club Med stands at the forefront of this evolution. Their latest 2023 Asia Snow Report is not just a mere data collection; it’s a treasure trove of insights shaping the future of snow holidays. With a comprehensive survey encompassing over 3,500 enthusiastic respondents across seven Asian markets, Club Med, a pioneer in premium all-inclusive holiday experiences, reveals the changing contours of mountain holiday dreams in Asia.
Since its inception in 1950, Club Med has been instrumental in shaping snow holidays. Their journey began with opening the first Mountain Resort in Leysin, Switzerland, in 1957. This innovative spirit continues to thrive, evidenced by the staggering 107% increase in business volume in the APAC markets since winter 2019. This surge is attributed to strategic investments in upgrading mountain resort portfolios and expanding into new territories such as the European Alps and Japan.
The CEO of Club Med in East, South Asia, and Pacific Markets, Mrs. Rachael Harding, encapsulates this journey, “Club Med has dedicated itself to reinventing the alchemy of happiness. Understanding the evolving needs of travelers is crucial for us to remain at the pinnacle of the industry.”
The study unveils six pivotal findings that redefine snow holidays in Asia. Each element, from motivation to destination preference, shapes a unique narrative of the Asian traveller’s winter dream.
- Snow Holiday Preferences: The Asian Perspective Snow holidays have captured the imagination of Asian travellers, with over 50% seeking thrilling winter sports and picturesque snowscapes. The quest for new cultural experiences and an escape from daily monotony also emerged as significant factors.
- Destination: The Heart of Winter Wonder The choice of destination reigns supreme in planning a snow holiday. Japan emerges as the top choice, followed closely by Switzerland and Canada, with China Mainland tailing due to its domestic appeal.
- The Lure of Snow Sports The adrenaline rush of snow sports captivates 54% of respondents, particularly those aged 25-44. Skiing trumps snowboarding in popularity, with Japan and South Korea showing high engagement levels due to their proximity to snow slopes.
- Planning and Booking Insights Digital channels and social media dominate the planning phase, with a significant lead time for bookings. The allure of direct bookings on branded websites highlights the importance of a robust online presence for travel brands.
- All-Inclusive Packages: The Game Changer All-inclusive snow holidays have gained traction, offering convenience and peace of mind. These packages, which bundle dining experiences, return airfares, and ski rentals, especially appeal to families.
- Families’ Preference for Stress-Free Holidays The all-inclusive model resonates with families, ensuring a seamless and comprehensive holiday experience. Club Med has unique offerings for families, like the Mini Club+ and Amazing Family! Programs underline their commitment to family-friendly travel.
Club Med’s strategic development of its Mountain Resort portfolio is a testament to its commitment to meeting the growing demand for snow holidays. Nestled in some of the world’s most sought-after winter destinations, their resorts offer winter activities, luxury accommodations, and festive entertainment. The opening of Club Med Kiroro Grand in Hokkaido is a prime example, having achieved near-full occupancy 12 weeks ahead of its opening.
The Club Med Asia Snow Report 2023 is more than just a study; it’s a roadmap for the future of winter travel in Asia. It reflects a dynamic shift in preferences, motivations, and expectations of the Asian traveller. With its focus on providing comprehensive, all-inclusive snow holidays, Club Med is well-poised to lead this exciting journey into the future of winter tourism.
For a complete view of the Club Med Asia Snow Report and to start planning your dream snow holiday, visit Club Med’s official website.
Written by: Octavia Koo
- A Balinese Resort Launches Extended Stays Away From The Crowds
- Tourism Australia Releases a Series of Zoom Backdrops So You Can Pretend You Are Sunning Yourself Down Under on Your Next Conference Call
- Oakwood Continues Meteoric Growth in 2022 with Landmark Opening in Japan and Expansion Plans in Bangladesh and China
- 9 hacks to earn 20,000 frequent flyer points before Christmas – without a credit card
- Tennessee Tourism Presents Civil Rights Trail Podcast
- Start the Year of the Tiger with Roaring Treats at Grand Copthorne Waterfront
- Expo 2020 drove Dubai hotel occupancy above 90% for the first time since 2007
- Private MSC Cruises Facebook page for agents
- Air China Limited Announces 2018 Interim Results, Persists in Leading Profit Level
- Bangkok Airways Launches the “Flash Sale 3.3” Promotion Offering amazing fares, starting from just 890 Baht per trip*