Civitatis, the leading technological platform for booking Spanish-speaking activities, day trips, guided tours, and excursions worldwide – both in the B2C and B2B channels – anticipates reaching a milestone of 10 million travellers for 2023 by the close of the year based on current year-to-date sales of almost 9 million.
This projection marks a significant achievement in the company’s internationalisation strategy as the company has witnessed substantial growth in traveller numbers in recent years.
Comparing 2023 with the last year before COVID, 2019, Civitatis seen an increase in traveller numbers of 115% — with an impressive 31% increase compared to 2022. These figures underline Civitatis’ continued momentum and dedication to expanding its global reach and enhancing travel experiences for a burgeoning customer base of Spanish speakers around the world, including the United States.
Highlighting the destinations that garnered the most bookings this year, the top 10 cities in descending order include: Rome, Paris, Madrid, Lisbon, London, Porto, Barcelona, New York, Budapest, and Prague.
This significant expansion has occurred at Civitatis as a result of numerous strategic initiatives: significant staff growth has facilitated the provision of localised services and broader operations in strategic regions; a substantial increase in the range of activities offered has met rising market demands; Civitatis has also expanded its network of service providers and increased investments in marketing efforts.
All of this has been underpinned by the 2022 strategic investment from Vitruvian Partners, providing the financial and strategic support necessary to expedite international growth plans, particularly targeting expansion in Latin America and Europe.
Celebrating the achievement Alberto Gutiérrez, Founder and CEO at Civitatis, comments: “As we fast approach 10 million travellers per year for the first time, I would like to thank the whole Civitatis team for their commitment and innovation in making this happen – along with all our supplier partners, B2B sellers and additionally Vitruvian Partners for their financial backing. This places us amongst the top few of the world’s tours & activities sellers by volume and is a reflection of a long-held vision to focus on Spanish-speaking products – a ‘niche’ overlooked by many who forget that Spanish is the most spoken first language in the world outside of China.“
- Vermillion Announces the Launch of Its B2C Collection, Offering Buyers Around the Globe Access to the World of Asian Luxury Design
- INTERSOUND releases tribute to ex-Beatle
- Carnival Store Featuring Branded Merchandise Added to Carnival Cruise Line’s Loyalty Rocks! Catalog for Travel Advisors
- New 2019 Highlights With All-Time High Engagement Events Revitalised For All Delegates
- 2018 Carnival Legend brawl caused by stepping on someone’s shoe!
- Sarawak as the first Legacy Capital in Malaysia and Borneo, announces Premier of Sarawak
- Zoe Tay Becomes A Wax Artist as She Unveils Her New Look
- Novotel Living: Bangkok’s Pinnacle of Urban Chic!
- Esteemed Chef Nobu Matsuhisa Set to Open at Crown Sydney
- Alfresco Dining in Sydney