Two new Board Directors have been appointed to the Business Events Sydney (BESydney) Board.
The BESydney Board has appointed Judith Crompton, as an Independent Director and incoming Chair of the Finance, Risk and Audit Committee (FRAC) from 1 September 2023, replacing Marlene Kanga AO who steps down after six years of service.
As of 16 June Deborah Zimmer, BridgeClimb CEO, was appointed as a Member Director to the Board, filling the casual vacancy that arose following the company’s 2022 Annual General Meeting (AGM). Ratification of Ms Zimmer’s appointment will be sought from BESydney members at the 2023 AGM in October.
Announcing the new appointed directors, BESydney Chair The Hon Bruce Baird AM said, “We are privileged to have Deb and Judith joining the BESydney Board. They bring diverse experience and business expertise, and we look forward to their contribution in guiding BESydney over the next three years.”
“Sincere thanks to Marlene who has served as a Board and FRAC member for six years, and as FRAC Chair since March 2021. As a BESydney Ambassador and previous National President of Engineers Australia and previous President of World Federation of Engineering Organisations, Marlene has provided a unique client lens to Board discussions. BESydney has benefited significantly from Marlene’s strong commercial risk and governance skills during her time on the FRAC,” he said.
Ms Crompton is a highly experienced executive and board member who has held senior executive positions within the insurance, airline and travel industries and has over 30 years’ extensive experience working with some of the largest and most innovative companies in Australia, Switzerland, the UK and the United Arab Emirates. Throughout this time Ms Crompton has also led teams and overseen operations in Europe, China, Hong Kong, Japan, Malaysia and India. Ms Crompton has had, and continues to hold, board positions in the private and not-for-profit sectors.
Ms Crompton said, “This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the team at BESydney as they continue the excellent work in promoting our beautiful, vibrant and creative city of Sydney to the world. In these times both the challenges and the scope for future success in the commercial and cultural arenas is unprecedented and I look forward to playing my part in achieving this success.”
Ms Zimmer is a CEO and former CFO with experience in financial management, commercial decision making, contract negotiation, raising finance, motivating and developing people and project management. Since she started her career as a Chartered Accountant with PwC she has had the opportunity to work for a number of blue chip organisation across health and fitness, telecommunications, retail, IT and FMCG.
Ms Zimmer said, “It is a privilege to join a team that consistently delivers such significant economic benefits to Sydney and NSW through the growth of the visitor economy. I look forward to helping drive and support their strategic direction as they continue to showcase this unique, world-class city to our business visitors.”
More information on the BESydney Board here: https://www.besydney.com.au/about-us/board/ and BESydney broadly here: besydney.com.au.
- A Balinese Resort Launches Extended Stays Away From The Crowds
- Tourism Australia Releases a Series of Zoom Backdrops So You Can Pretend You Are Sunning Yourself Down Under on Your Next Conference Call
- Oakwood Continues Meteoric Growth in 2022 with Landmark Opening in Japan and Expansion Plans in Bangladesh and China
- 9 hacks to earn 20,000 frequent flyer points before Christmas – without a credit card
- Tennessee Tourism Presents Civil Rights Trail Podcast
- Start the Year of the Tiger with Roaring Treats at Grand Copthorne Waterfront
- Expo 2020 drove Dubai hotel occupancy above 90% for the first time since 2007
- Private MSC Cruises Facebook page for agents
- Air China Limited Announces 2018 Interim Results, Persists in Leading Profit Level
- Bangkok Airways Launches the “Flash Sale 3.3” Promotion Offering amazing fares, starting from just 890 Baht per trip*