Switzerland Tourism’s latest film, the “Grand Train Tour of Switzerland”, features global brand ambassador and tennis legend Roger Federer alongside comedian and best-selling author Trevor Noah. The film, directed by Oscar winner Tom Hooper, showcases Switzerland’s breathtaking panoramic train routes, highlighting
the country’s natural beauty and unique character.
Federer, who retired from top-level tennis last year, continues to act as a brand ambassador for Switzerland Tourism. His collaborations with ST in the past two years have set new standards for national tourism advertising, culminating in their latest film, “No one upstages the Grand Tour of Switzerland”, which has become the most successful tourism advertising spot worldwide.
Joining Federer on screen this year is Trevor Noah, who, like Federer, is half Swiss and half South African. The film positions Switzerland as an attractive travel destination, focusing on rail travel and showcasing the Grand Train Tour of Switzerland. This incomparable experience combines all the famous panoramic routes in one breathtaking train tour.
Travellers can customise their itinerary and explore the highlights of Switzerland’s most stunning railway routes using the exclusive Grand Train Tour app. The app offers digital stamps, rewards, and coupons for gifts and discounts.
The Grand Train Tour of Switzerland covers 1,280 kilometres and eight stages, taking visitors comfortably to the most famous sights, from glaciers to lakes, from mountains to cities. The tour offers a foretaste of Switzerland’s coastal charm, passing through delightful hilly terrain towards Lake Constance, traversing from glaciers to palm trees, and reaching the mountain of mountains – the Matterhorn.
Trevor Noah, one of Africa’s most successful international comedians, is known for his Emmy® Award-winning “The Daily Show” on Comedy Central, which he hosted for seven years. He is also the author of the #1 New York Times bestseller “Born a Crime: Stories from a South African Childhood” and has sold out stand-up comedy shows worldwide. Trevor is developing and producing diverse, high-quality creative content with Day Zero Productions. Through his philanthropic work, he has launched the Trevor Noah Foundation to improve equitable access to quality education for underserved youth in South Africa.
The collaboration between Roger Federer, Trevor Noah, and Switzerland Tourism highlights the country’s natural beauty and unique character, inviting travellers worldwide to experience the Grand Train Tour of Switzerland.
Written by: Kevin Hall
- Travel More, Pay Less: Free Days with Swiss Travel Pass
- Scone Bar At NUO Hotel Beijing’s Lobby Lounge
- Drowning travel agents need urgent lifeline as COVID crisis takes toll
- Strong partners: AIDA Cruises remains main sponsor of the classical music festival “Festspiele Mecklenburg-Vorpommern” until 2024
- Travel Plans Can change… Enjoy More Flexibility
- AC Hotel by Marriott® Melbourne Southbank and Patient Wolf Distilling Co. mix the perfectly precise blend
- NSW Government leadership on Travel T&Cs welcome
- Carnival Cruise Line Announces That Costa Luminosa Will Transfer to the Carnival Fleet and Start Service in November 2022
- Azamara® Reveals 2022 European Voyages for its New Ship, Azamara OnwardSM
- Explore ‘Ancient Lands’ at Newly Opened Ngilgi Cave!