Last week, Outrigger Resorts and Hotels celebrated top recognitions at the 20th HM Awards, with their Fijian properties reeling in major accolades.
On Friday, 25 November, at The Star Event Centre in Sydney in front of a crowd of 1000, Outrigger secured a collection of resort-based and individual awards, including:
- Best Fijian Property – Castaway Island, Fiji
- Best Environmental Program – Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
- Best Finance Associate – Rajnesh Kumar, Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
This is the second year in a row that Castaway Island, Fiji, has won Best Fijian Property. The small island resort is located in the heart of the stunning Mamanuca Islands. Known for its authentic Fijian hospitality, it is the place to disconnect to reconnect in a tropical island paradise.
Outrigger continued to achieve Highly Commended recognitions, including:
- HM Magazine Hotelier of the Year – Jeff Wagoner, CEO and President of Outrigger Hospitality Group
- South Pacific General Manager – Darren Shaw, Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
- Food and Beverage Associate – Jack Johnson, Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
Ben Johnson, Area Director of Sales and Marketing, Fiji Islands, says: “Congratulations to all winners and finalists. It is a pleasure once again to see Castaway Island, Fiji and Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort recognised at the annual HM Awards, both for our property initiatives and individual achievements. Following on from a tremendous 2022 we now look towards 2023 as Fiji continues to shine in the South Pacific.”
The HM Awards for Hotel and Accommodation Excellence are the leading industry awards in the region and celebrate the best properties, departments, people, chains, and brands in Australia, New Zealand, and the South Pacific. More than 1,500 nominations are assessed each year to determine more than 40 category winners.
- Travel More, Pay Less: Free Days with Swiss Travel Pass
- Scone Bar At NUO Hotel Beijing’s Lobby Lounge
- Drowning travel agents need urgent lifeline as COVID crisis takes toll
- Strong partners: AIDA Cruises remains main sponsor of the classical music festival “Festspiele Mecklenburg-Vorpommern” until 2024
- Travel Plans Can change… Enjoy More Flexibility
- AC Hotel by Marriott® Melbourne Southbank and Patient Wolf Distilling Co. mix the perfectly precise blend
- NSW Government leadership on Travel T&Cs welcome
- Carnival Cruise Line Announces That Costa Luminosa Will Transfer to the Carnival Fleet and Start Service in November 2022
- Azamara® Reveals 2022 European Voyages for its New Ship, Azamara OnwardSM
- Explore ‘Ancient Lands’ at Newly Opened Ngilgi Cave!