InterGlobe Aviation Ltd. (Indigo), Singapore Airlines, Emirates, Akasa Air, Cathay Pacific Airways, China Eastern Airlines Corp Ltd, and Korean Air Co., Ltd.
Smitarani Tripathy, Social Media Analyst at GlobalData, comments: “The share of negative conversations on social media for the airline’s industry has surged by 93% in 2022*, compared to the previous year during the same time.
GlobalData’s latest report, “Top 10 Most Mentioned Asian Airlines on Social Media: 2022,” reveals a 38% surge in social media discussions in 2022.
China Eastern Airlines recorded the highest growth among the top-mentioned Asian airlines, with an 852% growth in social media discussion volume in 2022*, following the fatal accident of China Eastern Airlines’ Boeing 737-800 with more than 130 passengers on board.
Rising flight ticket prices due to soaring fuel prices because of the Ukraine-Russia war, low air travel demand in the wake of a spike in inflation, and increased rate of flight cancellations due to staff shortages emerged as key drivers behind low influencer sentiment in 2022.” Against this backdrop, the Social Media Analytics Platform of GlobalData has tracked the top 10 Asian airlines based on the volume of social media conversations of Twitter influencers and Redditors.
The global airline industry’s path to recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic is being hampered by staff shortages and other macro factors such as the Russia-Ukraine war, and the looming global recession.
The official ownership transfer of Air India to the Tata Group in January caused the biggest spike in conversations among the influencers about the company. Air India Ltd (Air India) emerged as the most mentioned Asian airline with a 22% share of voice. The accident marked China’s biggest air mishap in over a decade.
Written by: William Trevan
- Vermillion Announces the Launch of Its B2C Collection, Offering Buyers Around the Globe Access to the World of Asian Luxury Design
- INTERSOUND releases tribute to ex-Beatle
- Carnival Store Featuring Branded Merchandise Added to Carnival Cruise Line’s Loyalty Rocks! Catalog for Travel Advisors
- New 2019 Highlights With All-Time High Engagement Events Revitalised For All Delegates
- 2018 Carnival Legend brawl caused by stepping on someone’s shoe!
- Sarawak as the first Legacy Capital in Malaysia and Borneo, announces Premier of Sarawak
- Zoe Tay Becomes A Wax Artist as She Unveils Her New Look
- Novotel Living: Bangkok’s Pinnacle of Urban Chic!
- Esteemed Chef Nobu Matsuhisa Set to Open at Crown Sydney
- Alfresco Dining in Sydney