Cathay Pacific Cargo is pleased to announce the return of its freighter service to Toowoomba Wellcamp Airport in southern Queensland.
The first flight departed today, 3 August 2022, marking the recommencement of the service after it was put on hold in December 2021.
The once-weekly service is operated by a Boeing 747-8F and will transport high-quality fresh produce from local shippers and deliver directly to Hong Kong and key Asian markets.
Cathay Pacific Regional Head of Cargo Nigel Chynoweth said: “This is an exciting step forward for Cathay Pacific Cargo as we re-introduce this service with strong support from local shippers in the region.
“It’s also a great opportunity to showcase Hong Kong as one of the world’s leading international airfreight hubs while increasing demand for Australia’s agricultural products.”
Damian Bell, Executive Manager of Wagner Corporation – Toowoomba Wellcamp Airport said “Alongside Cathay Pacific Cargo, we are thrilled to continue to support local and surrounding regions and assist with the growing demand for local fresh fruit and veg exports through our world-class facilities”
- Scenic Sailing in Sardinia
- Save on an adventure to Kinchega National Park
- Immerse Yourself in One Million Blooms at Floriade – Australia’s Biggest Celebration of Spring
- D-EDGE appoints Emilie Couton as new APAC Managing Director
- Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur Welcomes New General Manager Blaise Montandon
- TAA (Vic) bolsters advisory committee in lead up to intended merger
- TravelManagers’ ‘Peace of Mind’ Attracts High Calibre New Recruits
- IAPCO launches its new Job Board, bringing together recruiters and job-seeking meeting professionals from the global meetings industry.
- K-Beauty Brand LAPCOS Just Dropped Three New Products
- Continued Investment In Tech Infrastructure Reaffirms Commitment To Innovation