Guests should expect the unexpected as they encounter iconic destinations differently – including 19 places never sailed to before and with 33 overnight stays. See through the eyes of locals as Silversea reveals their authentic stories and fascinating secrets and takes a unique look at each land, each culture, and time.
In the cruise industry, world cruises typically begin in winter and end in spring and focus primarily on destinations where warmer weather prevails. That’s what’s different about Controtempo.
“We’re going at the time of year when you’re not going to find millions of tourists at both marquee and less-discovered destinations,” says Andrea Tonet, Silversea’s vice president of product strategy. “We’re travelling deeper because we’re offering a different perspective, a different view, of the places you may think you know.”
Controtempo World Cruise 2025 departs from Tokyo on January 13 2025, and arrives in New York, its final port of call, on May 29 2025. The 136-day voyage visits 30 countries and 59 ports on four continents. There are 33 overnight calls, seven exclusive-to-full-world-
The 596-passenger Silver Dawn, which made its debut in 2022, will host Controtempo. Martinoli notes that this world cruise will have the highest space ratio onboard for Silversea, including the largest selection of restaurants, bars and lounges. The world cruise will also feature S.A.L.T. (Sea and Land Taste), Silversea’s culinary immersion program, and OTIVM, its indulgent wellness initiative.
“We’re visiting iconic places differently, experiencing them through our network of locals,” he says. “Our guests will have access to stories that are not normally told, via experiences that offer knowledge and, just as importantly, a strong emotional connection.”
Silversea’s Exclusive Experiences, available to full world cruise guests only, are a hallmark of its world cruises,” he says. “On Controtempo, events in the works include a trip to the famous onsen town of Kannawa, in Japan, where an expert therapist will accompany guests to a famous hot spring. While visiting Vietnam’s Da Nang, travellers will learn about the influence the Champa civilization has had on Southeast Asia – and enjoy live performances and a gourmet Vietnamese dinner, all set with a backdrop of illuminated temples. Anyone who’s travelled often to Singapore will find a new experience in a curated event that blends new and old atop the 57-story Marina Bay Sands hotel. On a two-night overland tour available to all guests in Cairo, imagine a private tour of the 500-room Abdeen Presidential Palace and a VIP after-hours visit to the new Grand Egyptian Museum. From the port of France’s Rouen, guests visit Versailles for a Marie Antoinette-inspired evening of indulgence, complete with dancing, court jesters and Champagne.
1. Controtempo Main Theme – Tokyo to New York – 5.00
2. Sounds of the Far East – Japan to Thailand – 3.00
3. Fast Cities, Slow Times – Singapore to the Indian Sea – 3.00
4. The Sands of Time – Jedda to the Holy Land – 3.00
5. Where the Past Dances – Istanbul to Sicily – 2.30
6. Themes of the Mediterranean – Napoli to Lisbon – 2.30
7. A Coastal Motif – Bordeaux to Versailles – 2.30
8. Rhythms of the North – Paris to Stockholm – 2.30
9. A Melody of Fire and Ice – Scandinavia to Greenland – 2.30
10. The Grand Finale – Canada to New York – 4.30
- Discover Japan off tempo in winter
- Savour more time in India, returning to Mumbai
- Marvel at Petra and the ancient sites of Egypt
- Explore north European highlights such as Paris
- Experience Greenland tradition and culture
Bespoke World Cruise events
Travellers will go deeper into the essence of destinations with our curated collection of eight enriching overland programmes and events unique to this cruise.
One bedroom: 73 sq.m. including veranda or two bedrooms: 104 sq.m. including veranda.
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience