Outrigger Hospitality Group announced two key operational appointments – DEAN KAMIYA as executive chef at the brand’s flagship Outrigger Reef Waikiki Beach Resort and MITCH YOKOYAMA as general manager for the Outrigger-managed Hokulani Waikiki by Hilton Grand Vacations.
KAMIYA oversees the operations of the Outrigger Reef Waikiki Beach Resort’s newly reimagined Kani Ka Pila Grille, offering breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as room service. Additionally, he oversees catering and the exclusive Voyager 47 Club Lounge.
Kamiya has worked in food and beverage since high school — from cooking plate lunches to washing dishes to bussing tables. Most recently and since 2007, Kamiya was executive chef at Ala Moana Hotel by Mantra and before that, he was chef de cuisine at Ilikai Hotel.
Kamiya attended the culinary arts program at Kapi‘olani College and Leeward Community College and shared that on-the-job training was key to his culinary growth. He enjoys and is challenged by pushing the envelope to create something better.
YOKOYAMA has been interim general manager at the Hokulani Waikiki by Hilton Grand Vacations since 2021. He ensures resort operations are managed cost-effectively and professionally to the satisfaction of guests, hosts and owners, while meeting Hilton brand standards.
Yokoyama joined Hokulani as assistant general manager in 2016 and before that, held various positions with Hilton, including housekeeping manager, quality assurance coordinator for front- and heart-of-the-house, resort and guest services manager. Fluent in Japanese, Yokoyama started out with Hilton as a guest service agent (linguist) in their vacation-ownership area.
Yokoyama holds a bachelor’s in psychology from Santa Monica College in California.
- Travel More, Pay Less: Free Days with Swiss Travel Pass
- Scone Bar At NUO Hotel Beijing’s Lobby Lounge
- Drowning travel agents need urgent lifeline as COVID crisis takes toll
- Strong partners: AIDA Cruises remains main sponsor of the classical music festival “Festspiele Mecklenburg-Vorpommern” until 2024
- Travel Plans Can change… Enjoy More Flexibility
- AC Hotel by Marriott® Melbourne Southbank and Patient Wolf Distilling Co. mix the perfectly precise blend
- NSW Government leadership on Travel T&Cs welcome
- Carnival Cruise Line Announces That Costa Luminosa Will Transfer to the Carnival Fleet and Start Service in November 2022
- Azamara® Reveals 2022 European Voyages for its New Ship, Azamara OnwardSM
- Explore ‘Ancient Lands’ at Newly Opened Ngilgi Cave!