U.S. hotel revenue per available room (RevPAR) reached an all-time weekly high on a nominal basis and a pandemic-era high on an inflation-adjusted basis, according to STR‘s latest data through 18 June.
12-18 June 2022 (percentage change from comparable week in 2019*):
- Occupancy: 71.8% (-4.8%)
- Average daily rate (ADR): US$155.02 (+14.9%)
- Revenue per available room (RevPAR): US$111.29 (+9.4%)
The occupancy level was the highest of the pandemic-era thanks to the country’s highest weekly demand (28 million room nights sold) since August 2019. While occupancy was up, the occupancy comparison with 2019 softened slightly from the week prior. ADR was down marginally from the previous week as was the ADR comparison to 2019.
Among the Top 25 Markets, San Diego saw the only occupancy increase over 2019 (+0.5% to 86.0%).
New York City (86.6%), San Diego and Seattle (85.0%) led the major markets in absolute occupancy for the week.
Minneapolis reported the largest occupancy decrease from 2019 (-18.9% to 70.6%).
Miami posted the largest ADR gain over 2019 (+32.9% to US$203.14).
The steepest RevPAR deficits were in Minneapolis (-23.1% to US$94.15) and San Francisco (-20.7% to US$167.90).
*Due to the pandemic impact, STR is measuring recovery against comparable time periods from 2019.
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience