On 18 June 2022, the A-ROSA SENA departed from Cologne for her maiden voyage with her first guests on board. Prior to this, the ship was blessed in Dsseldorf by Deacon Michael Inden, as well as christened by Clara Eichler, daughter of A-ROSA CEO Jrg Eichler, in the presence of the management, the investors and the crew.
Due to supply challenges, the first cruise started slightly later than initially planned, which meant that this ceremony took place in a small circle only.
Thanks to the hybrid propulsion system, the first departure was accomplished with the help of electrical energy from the battery storage. Guests and crew were excited about the sustainable new ship A-ROSA SENAs design is truly unique on the river.
Together with the spacious interior layout, she offers a completely new travel experience, comments hotel manager Dennis Brenner. Captain Ulrich Schwalbe adds Thanks to the hybrid propulsion system and the exhaust gas purification filter, you don’t notice any emissions on board and can just enjoy the pure cruising experience.
Written by: Jill Walsh
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience