Dark Stry today announced the release of the Western Australian Enterprising Women’s self-guided walking tour. The tour showcases seven female historical entrepreneurs, highlighting that entrepreneurship can come in many forms. Dark Stry weaves the stories of social rights campaigner, a property magnate, a brothel madam, and others together in the same walking tour. Each stop on the walking tour also showcases different hospitality options, connecting to Dark Stry’s broader aim to get more people back into our cities amid COVID.
“This route is our love letter to inspiring historical female figures. We’ve scoured lots of locations and history books to bring these seven stories to life,” says Erin Clark, CEO and Co-Founder at Dark Stry. “Immersive technology is coming of age, providing us with new ways of sharing historical stories with a new audience.”
The West Australian Enterprising Women’s self-guided walking tour includes:
- Wayfinding for each of the seven stops
- Audio narration and transcriptions for each stop
- Archival photos and audio
- Immersive experiences
- Local hospitality venue details
The route has been developed with support from the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries.
The Enterprising Women’s route will be available from Monday 20th June 2022 at $15 per download from Apple and Google app stores. For more information on the Enterprising Women’s route, visit the Dark Stry website www.darkstry.com.au.
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience