A group of eight travel agents has just returned from sailing Viking’s popular 8-day Rhine Getaway river cruise from Amsterdam to Basel.The group are among the first Australian agents to sail with Viking since 2019 and for many, this was their first overseas trip in as many years.
The group was hosted by Ramon Drew, Viking’s Commercial Manager for New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory and Tasmania, as well as Ethan Larkin, Senior Trade Marketing Executive at Viking. Viking appreciates how important it is for travel agents to be able to experience a product first-hand, giving them the confidence to talk about the product with inside knowledge and provide personal recommendations.
Debbie Eyers from Flight Centre Narellan said it was great to be back cruising after the last couple of years and the opportunity provided valuable insight into travelling overseas post-Covid. “Experiencing it first-hand makes it easier to explain to clients the whole process and because I have experienced it, clients are more at ease with what I am advising them,” she said.
Lynette Maria from Maria, Fellows and Turner Travel Associates was a first-time Viking cruiser and was grateful to be travelling again. “The experience really opened my eyes to the differences between river cruising and how Viking sits amongst the best of them,” she said.
The group travelled through four countries along the spectacular Rhine visiting historic cities and medieval towns offering a variety of authentic shore excursions immersing agents in the local way of life, with the Flavours of Alsace excursion in Strasbourg being a group highlight. “The shore tours made me feel like I was living like a local for the day. The guide was so knowledgeable yet relaxed,” said Tina Wheelock from Cruise Express.
Onboard Viking’s elegant Longships, agents were treated to destination-inspired cuisine as well as al-fresco wine and cheese tastings on the Aquavit Terrace – the only alfresco dining venue on the rivers.
Viking is reminding agents they can still win one of 100 free 2022 Europe river self-famils. The first 100 agents to make two or more new twin share or single supplement reservations for any 2022 Viking Europe river cruise before 30 June will win a complimentary self-famil stateroom on a select 8-day Viking Europe river cruise this year.
Not many agents have had the opportunity to experience famils in the past few years, so Viking are thrilled to be back hosting agents again and we look forward to welcoming many more onto Viking ships throughout the rest of the year.
Ramon Drew – Viking, Vanessa Baxter – Going Global Narellan, Tina Wheelock – Cruise Express, Debbie Eyers – Flight Centre Narellan, Lisa Maddox – Spencer Travel, Robert Thornberry – Signature Travel Orange, Thea Bainbridge – Jamison Plaza Travel Associates, Lynette Maria from Maria, Fellowes and Turner Travel Associates, Ethan Larkin – Viking and Lisa Calabria from Capital Travel
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience