U.S. hotel performance jumped from the previous week, and revenue per available room (RevPAR) reached an all-time weekly high on a nominal basis, according to STR<span style=”color: #696969;”>‘s latest data through 11 June. </span>
<strong>5-11 June 2022 (percentage change from comparable week in 2019*):</strong>
<li>Occupancy: 70.6% (-4.1%)</li>
<li>Average daily rate (ADR): US$155.37 (+15.4%)</li>
<li>Revenue per available room (RevPAR): US$109.76 (+10.7%)</li>
In addition to the weekly RevPAR record, the ADR and occupancy levels were the second and third highest of the pandemic-era, respectively.
In aggregate, the Top 25 Markets posted their highest metrics since the beginning of the pandemic.
While none of those markets showed an occupancy increase over 2019, <strong>Tampa </strong>came closest to its pre-pandemic comparable (-0.1% to 72.4%).
<strong>Seattle</strong> (85.2%), <strong>San Francisco/San Mateo</strong> (84.3%) and <strong>New York</strong> (85.1%) led the major markets in absolute occupancy for the week.
<strong>New Orleans</strong> reported the largest occupancy decrease from 2019 (-17.4% to 60.3%).
<strong>Miami </strong>posted the largest ADR gain over 2019 (+32.0% to US$205.18).
The steepest RevPAR deficits were in <strong>Philadelphia</strong> (-5.8% to US$111.03) and <strong>Oahu Island</strong> (-5.0% to US$207.14).
*Due to the pandemic impact, STR is measuring recovery against comparable time periods from 2019.
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience