Christchurch Airport has unveiled a permanent, purpose-built welcome lounge in the terminal, to support event organisers wanting to theme, publicise and welcome their events and participants.
The airport responded after research revealed business event organisers wanted a way to make their attendees feel welcome the moment they arrived in Christchurch.
“Business events clearly start in our city when people touch down,” the airport’s general manager trade development, Scott Callaway, commented.
“MEETINGS 2022 is the ideal time to launch this lounge. It’s been a while since large-scale business meetings have been able to be held, but our research revealed when they re-started organisers wanted the experience to begin when their people arrived.”
“We have developed not only the lounge, but also digital options for meeting organisers to publicise their event through the terminal, and to welcome their delegates from across the country and the world.
“We are the international gateway, with 12 partner airlines preparing to reconnect us directly to 25 destinations as the border reopens, with extensive trans-Tasman schedules and our celebrated warm southern welcome.
“We can now offer what business event organisers have said they want and look forward to having a conversation to bring their next event to life.”
Christchurch Airport is the international gateway to New Zealand’s South Island and a major driver of the South Island regional economy.
The airport has been named by travellers as one of the world’s best airports and is consistently rated by an independent international quarterly travellers’ survey as the best airport in Australia and New Zealand.
Before Covid-19, Christchurch Airport was served by 11 airlines, all of whom have indicated they will return as soon as possible after international borders are fully open, airport authorities have stated.
In early 2021, the airport became the first in the world to achieve Level 4 decarbonisation accreditation under the Airports Council International program – the highest accreditation an airport can achieve.
Edited by Peter Needham
- Scenic Sailing in Sardinia
- Save on an adventure to Kinchega National Park
- Immerse Yourself in One Million Blooms at Floriade – Australia’s Biggest Celebration of Spring
- D-EDGE appoints Emilie Couton as new APAC Managing Director
- Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur Welcomes New General Manager Blaise Montandon
- TAA (Vic) bolsters advisory committee in lead up to intended merger
- TravelManagers’ ‘Peace of Mind’ Attracts High Calibre New Recruits
- IAPCO launches its new Job Board, bringing together recruiters and job-seeking meeting professionals from the global meetings industry.
- K-Beauty Brand LAPCOS Just Dropped Three New Products
- Continued Investment In Tech Infrastructure Reaffirms Commitment To Innovation