Camplify, Australia’s leading peer-to-peer caravan, campervan and motorhome rental platform, together with the NSW government, Resilience NSW and Public Works Advisory have today announced the launch of the “at-home caravan” pilot in Woodburn. This program will provide caravans to Woodburn residents who are unable to live in their homes due to flood damage at their private properties, at no cost, for an initial six-month period.
Under this program, Camplify will be providing these “at-home caravans”, located on a resident’s private property at no cost to the resident under an initial six-month agreement. The NSW Government has committed to reviewing the program before considering rolling it out further to other flood impacted areas.
Camplify traditionally connects local RV owners with holidaymakers looking to hire a van. Through this network of vans, Camplify also helps provide temporary accommodation to those left homeless by floods, fires and other natural disasters.
Justin Hales, CEO Camplify said: “After seeing the ongoing devastation caused by the floods in NSW, we quickly set up our Camplify Flood Relief Program. This has already helped place close to 100 vans for insurance bookings in the Lismore region. We are thrilled to be working with the NSW government, Resilience NSW and Public Works Advisory on the ‘at home caravan’ pilot. This pilot will ensure we can extend the rollout of our flood relief program with more vans placed on local properties to provide critical accommodation to those in need for an extended period of time.
This partnership is the biggest relief program to date so Camplify is calling on all community van owners who may have a suitable caravan or RV to list their vans to help provide accommodation to those in need. Camplify will be covering the cost of owner van insurance and each booking will receive a booking fee as part of this pilot. To learn more and to get involved, van owners can simply register their interest at the Camplify Flood Relief page link and a member of the Camplify team will then be in touch to answer any questions and guide them through the sign up process.
- Scenic Sailing in Sardinia
- Save on an adventure to Kinchega National Park
- Immerse Yourself in One Million Blooms at Floriade – Australia’s Biggest Celebration of Spring
- D-EDGE appoints Emilie Couton as new APAC Managing Director
- Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur Welcomes New General Manager Blaise Montandon
- TAA (Vic) bolsters advisory committee in lead up to intended merger
- TravelManagers’ ‘Peace of Mind’ Attracts High Calibre New Recruits
- IAPCO launches its new Job Board, bringing together recruiters and job-seeking meeting professionals from the global meetings industry.
- K-Beauty Brand LAPCOS Just Dropped Three New Products
- Continued Investment In Tech Infrastructure Reaffirms Commitment To Innovation