This year the new $10M Port Stephens Koala Sanctuary is selling Wild Koala’s at the Australian Tourism Exchange (ATE22)! not literally, but this year buyers can purchase a unique Koala Sanctuary Experience only found in Port Stephens, NSW.A partnership between Port Stephens Council, the NSW Government and volunteer care group Port Stephens Koala Hospital, the Koala Sanctuary is focused on sustaining and protecting the threatened species for years to come.
The conservation and eco-tourism facility is purpose-built to care for sick, injured and orphaned wild koalas, and it also provides visitors with a unique opportunity to see the marsupials in their natural habitat and learn about the wild koala population here in Port Stephens.
Holiday Parks Section Manager Kim Latham said the Sanctuary will offer unique experiences with wild koalas in a natural and idyllic bushland setting. “The immersive educational Sanctuary Story Walk, Fat Possum café and deluxe 4-star guest glamping accommodation, also provides an incredibly exciting addition to the Port Stephens’ tourism offering,” she said.
Day visitors enjoy tailored tours from local guides, providing an immersive educational experience along the 250mtr Sanctuary Story Walk before heading up to 30 feet into the tree top canopy, via the Newcastle Airport SKYwalk and viewing platform, offering a unique perspective into the koala’s natural habitat.
Take a look through the huge viewing window into the Koala Hospital and watch as veterinary staff carry out *examinations and administer treatments to its wild koala inpatients. *Subject to clinic times.
Or why not ‘wake up’ with wild Koalas by spending a night or two in a Deluxe 4 star Glamping Tent! Our Glamping Tents contain ensuites, lux fixtures and furnishings, the perfect place to rejuvenate while enjoying a unique nocturnal experience.
The Port Stephens Koala Sanctuary is opened daily from 9am – 5pm (except Christmas Day).
For more information about the Koala Sanctuary visit:
- 137 Pillars Hotels First Anniversary of CSR Partnership with Nature Park
- W Hotels Ushers in a New Era of Luxury Lifestyle on the Greek Coast with the Opening of W Costa Navarino
- Tourism Leader Rolls Up His Sleeves To Help With Staff Shortage
- St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Unveils Champagne Sabrage Masterclasses
- Mossman Gorge Centre Celebrates 10 Years
- Big Red Group appoints Jemma Fastnedge as Chief Sustainability Officer, bringing ESG to the centre of experience economy growth
- Silversea® Strengthens Its Industry-Leading Expedition Team, Welcoming Bob Simpson As Vp Of Expedition Product Development
- Music specialist TMC Equinox Travel appoints Trevor Johnson as COO
- “Made in Vietnam”: Wink Hotels Weaves Local Travel Memories
- Muster provides invaluable work experience