Qatar Airways makes an AUD$80,000 donation today to the Good Friday Appeal, raising critical funds for The Royal Children’s Hospital in Melbourne. This marks the second year in a row that the airline is supporting the annual initiative.
The Good Friday Appeal raises money for The Royal Children’s Hospital in Melbourne to provide essential medical care for children. The Appeal brings all sectors of the community together for fundraising every year, culminating in a telethon every Good Friday. Alongside the donation, Qatar Airways is also gifting two business class tickets to the charity’s raffle.
Qatar Airways Vice President of Sales for Southeast Asia, Southwest Pacific & Indian Subcontinent, Mr Jared Lee said: “Every year, the Good Friday Appeal inspires the wider community to unite for a good cause. Qatar Airways is honoured to play a part in raising funds for the Appeal, as we value contributing to the local communities in countries we operate in. This is also our commitment to serving and supporting the Australian market, on top of providing world-class airline experience and connectivity to Australians.”
The Good Friday Appeal has raised $399 million since 1931, helping deliver the best possible care to young patients and their families at The Royal Children’s Hospital. The donations have supported medical research, state-of-the-art equipment and technology, patient and family centred care programmes, as well as fostering staff excellence through education programs, scholarships and fellowships.
Since the start of the COVID19 global pandemic, Qatar Airways has carried over 330,000 Australians and international travellers in and out of Australia as it is one of the very few airlines that never stopped flying. The national carrier of the State of Qatar continues to rebuild its network, which currently stands at over 140 destinations. With more frequencies being added to key hubs, Qatar Airways offers unrivalled connectivity to passengers, making it easy for them to connect to a destination of their choice.
multiple award-winning airline, Qatar Airways was announced as the ‘Airline of the Year’ by the international air transport rating organisation, Skytrax, in addition to securing five additional awards including World’s Best Business Class, World’s Best Business Class Airline Lounge, World’s Best Business Class Airline Seat, World’s Best Business Class Onboard Catering and Best Airline in the Middle East. The airline continues to stand alone at the top of the industry having won the main award for an unprecedented sixth time (2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2019 and 2021). The airline’s hub, Hamad International Airport (HIA), was also recently recognised as the ‘Best Airport in the World 2021’, ranking at number one in the Skytrax World Airport Awards 2021.
- Scenic Sailing in Sardinia
- Save on an adventure to Kinchega National Park
- Immerse Yourself in One Million Blooms at Floriade – Australia’s Biggest Celebration of Spring
- D-EDGE appoints Emilie Couton as new APAC Managing Director
- Four Seasons Hotel Kuala Lumpur Welcomes New General Manager Blaise Montandon
- TAA (Vic) bolsters advisory committee in lead up to intended merger
- TravelManagers’ ‘Peace of Mind’ Attracts High Calibre New Recruits
- IAPCO launches its new Job Board, bringing together recruiters and job-seeking meeting professionals from the global meetings industry.
- K-Beauty Brand LAPCOS Just Dropped Three New Products
- Continued Investment In Tech Infrastructure Reaffirms Commitment To Innovation